Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a rmstator off eBay without researching them. I just read a ton of horrible reviews about there China made stators. I could kick myself. I'm so far over budget on this z the last thing I need is this kind of hassle. I don't want to worry every time I go out alone if it's going to fry on me. Please tell me there quality control has vastly improved over the last couple years

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not risking it. I ride alone sometimes and I'm not getting stranded. Just cancelled my order. I'll buy oem next year when I can afford it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. I just priced an oem and there $335. I thought they were a lot more expensive. I may get one this year.

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Smart move!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
In my experience they are just as good or better. A one year warranty seems to be common in rewinds. I would recommend finding a competent person or company for stator work through this or other forums rather than YouTube only.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
521 Posts
RMstator are close to my location and i tried their cheap chinese crap that don't last long. I even tried their rewounded twice before, they were a little better then the chinese crap but never as good as the oem.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
One of my favorite sayings: Buy cheap and you will buy twice!

Lynn

Reactions: formulaf007

·
Registered
222 Posts
They were great years ago when stators were rebuilt in house by competent techs. Now it's all a bunch of cheap overseas garbage, I promise if you buy one that you will speak with Jesus.

·
Premium Member
27,902 Posts
They were great years ago when stators were rebuilt in house by competent techs. Now it's all a bunch of cheap overseas garbage, I promise if you buy one that you will speak with Jesus.
Are you certain they didn't bring it back in house? I would call first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts