Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all my previous sleds I set my cams at 4 but on the Rmotion I have it set at 3 because I am not sure.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Set it to the conditions. Of you want less ski lift on accerarion lower the number of you want skis planted turn it up. I run mine on the low numbers 2 to 3. That's just me. The new RS has a procgessive coupler that would be interesting to see in a trail sled.

·
life is short, live long
29,127 Posts
This started very strange......

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have run mine n every number but I prefer #1. That works best for me and my style of riding

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been told for years leave them at 1 on my 2004 first ride at 1 seemed to have the skis way off the ground almost went through the pool fence so then I put them on 4 then left all sleds since then at 4. I feel if I want to steer I need the skis does anyone have a weight transfer reason that I should use 1?

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I have been told for years leave them at 1 on my 2004 first ride at 1 seemed to have the skis way off the ground almost went through the pool fence so then I put them on 4 then left all sleds since then at 4. I feel if I want to steer I need the skis does anyone have a weight transfer reason that I should use 1?
I use # 1 for off trail.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I use 4, like the skis planted, but is your preference. Change it a few times during the day, and you will pick the one you like based on your riding style.
I get the idea from some that 1 is for an active rider Mr Body english we all do that until we tire out that's why I leave it at the high numbers

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
You have to find the correct balance of weight transfer and ski pressure for you specific style if riding. Get a baseline established, then you can fine tune for different daily conditions with very slight adjustments.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
At the end of the day when I'm a little lazy 4 is the place, at the start of the day after I got it last night 1 is the place. That is my conclusion here.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
can't even remember where i have mine set as it's still sleeping in the trailer, no snow ! going back to ancient history when polaris 1st came out with them, had them both fore and aft, they said they affected ride as well as steering. the idea back then was that the more movement allowed, the better the ride in the stutter type bumps, by not coupling the front and rear as quickly. having both, the front coupled on front to rear hits, the rears the opposite. maybe the suspension gurus could let us know what the couplers do for ride quality and why no front couplers like years ago. just took a look at the sled, couplers on 2, springs on 3, front strap tightened 1 hole. ski springs on 3, 7 clicks of rebound. rear shock serviced last year, rear spring bushings installed. this thing rode and handled so good last year, it felt like I was cheating when riding with lesser sleds and it got bumpy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts