Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I've been searching this forum and I know there is a lot of information on adjusting rear spring cam for sag, but how do I know what position the cam is in? I recently bought a renegade without the quick adjust and there is virtually no sag when I sit on the sled (less than an inch) so I am trying to lessen the preload to gain a little bit of sag. Is the cam in the position where the number is correct side up? If this is right I am currently at setting 3. I've read to only adjust cam towards the rear to prevent breaking of the cam, but seems counterintuitive since I need to lessen preload (which should then be adjusted counter clockwise). Any help on adjusting rear spring preload would be greatly appreciated. Also is it literally just turning the cam with a one inch wrench or tool provided? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
919 Posts
You'll want to turn it clockwise on the left side and counter on the right, set it to two and recheck sag. I have mine set on 1 but i'm 185 lbs no gear call it 200 with, i also have the spring spacers that hold the spring square to the shaft making the spring act geometry correct. The spacer is the way to go, Hygear sells them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks guys, much appreciated help. I only weigh 170 fyi so might need to go to 1. It is ok going from 5 to 1 because I thought I remember in the manual to say to never go from the 5 to 1 or 1 to 5 position?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts