Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving up from an 09 MXZX 600, which obviously has no rMotion and trying to decide whether to spend the money on the QA for a Renegade 850 X. Its nearly $700 this year, but it includes the skis. I dont often adjust my suspension now, but partly because its such a PITA when everything is iced up under the tunnel. I ride very hard (doesnt everyone say that (had to upgrade to stiffer springs and valving on my X)), and I also do saddle bag trips carrhing significant weight at least once or twice a season. Any thoughts will be appreciated, as I want to place my order very soon.

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,299 Posts
it adds value to the sled .it also makes it alot easier to adj. when the bumps get bigger . :wink_old:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm moving up from an 09 MXZX 600, which obviously has no rMotion and trying to decide whether to spend the money on the QA for a Renegade 850 X. Its nearly $700 this year, but it includes the skis. I dont often adjust my suspension now, but partly because its such a PITA when everything is iced up under the tunnel. I ride very hard (doesnt everyone say that (had to upgrade to stiffer springs and valving on my X)), and I also do saddle bag trips carrhing significant weight at least once or twice a season. Any thoughts will be appreciated, as I want to place my order very soon.
I have it and think it's worth it (not the skis as mine's a '14). Worst case it helps at resale, imo. My next sled will definitely have the full adj package.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love my quick adjust. Could I get by without it, sure. It makes trails side changes easy. Is it worth $700, questionable. It's a nice option. I can change settings based on conditions. Not sure about resale, my last trade in the dealer wouldn't give me a cent for it. If you plan on adding weight ie. luggag.e on long rides its great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't waste your money. If it were free I still would not get it. Who wants that tacky adjustment knob on both sides of their runningboards it's ugly.
It does not add any value to your sled. All the guys I ride with would never buy a sled with adjust package. Plus you run the risk of buddies or kids that think they're funny playing a joke on you constantly adjusting it when you're not looking. Once I get my suspension adjusted the way I like it I do not touch it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Been riding with QA since 2013 and would not buy another sled without it. Unless you ride the exact same conditions all the time why would you want to compromise with suspension settings just because the adjusters are covered with ice? With QA, in 10 seconds you can change from a cadillac setup in the morning when trails are flat to a ditch banger setup in the afternoon when the trails are moguled up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am now on my third sled with Quick adjust. I am a big fan of it for the following reasons. You can be riding along and reach back and adjust it for the changing trail conditions without stopping. I can adjust to a much finer adjustment than "one of the 4 positions" that you have without the QA. As far as the new skis, I have them on my 2016 MXZ-X and they have NO DARTING. Easy to adjust. I think that I will be installing the 7 inch carbides on them for next season.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input. I am leaning against QA but I notice most who advise against it do not have it and most who do have it like it. I'd like to hear in particular from folks who have had it and did not like it or wouldn't get it again

·
ride hard or die trying
7,799 Posts
They add 10lbs

My dads likes his. We did have to fill up the spring adjuster as some fluid leaked out.

It makes pulling the skid abit harder

·
Registered
36 Posts
Also to add to this topic, On my 2012 MXZ-X, I installed some Freestyle rear springs because I didn't want the heavy springs. I weigh 180 with out a suite and gear. On my 2015 Renegade I installed the torsion spacers from Monster Performance and these cured any problem that I had on my older sled. I have also installed these torsion spacers on my 2016 MXZ-X and they are very good also. As a distance rider, the extra weight doesn't matter to me. I really like it when the trail changes, I can just reach way back, even when riding, and add or take away one half to one turn and it changes the sled, spring tension or Shock compression.

·
SkiDoo Guru
19,299 Posts
it's like having power windows ,then you get windows with cranks in your new car .if you can afford it get it , :wink_old:

·
Windsurfnut
1,237 Posts
The infinite positions of the preload adjuster is amazing. I always struggled with the old cam adjuster between position 2 and 3 with my weight and the AQ lets me dial in and tweak preload exactly where I want it.

The compression adjuster is convenient - not key, but convenient.

The TS skis..I haven't tried them, but have little desire too. I'm more of a 5.7R rider.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I'd get the QA if I didnt have to get the crappy ts skis.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My second time around buying QA and TS skis. I also liked the QA infinite position adjust on the fly to characterize the sled ride and liked the lack of darting with the TS skis. Others who drove my 2016 -129 1200X noted the same.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have always had Quick adjust and for 2017 snow check two Renegade X 850Etec Orange,Ice Cobra 16"x1.6"x137" no quick adjust i find the suspension to soft with the QA the rear arms do not have the same angle as the regular Rmotion and i prefer the sled with no QA but do install the TS Ski with 7" carbide.It is a mater of preference once my sleds are calibrated to my weight rarely play with adjustment i always ride with saddle bags and gas caddy.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Also to add to this topic, On my 2012 MXZ-X, I installed some Freestyle rear springs because I didn't want the heavy springs. I weigh 180 with out a suite and gear. On my 2015 Renegade I installed the torsion spacers from Monster Performance and these cured any problem that I had on my older sled. I have also installed these torsion spacers on my 2016 MXZ-X and they are very good also. As a distance rider, the extra weight doesn't matter to me. I really like it when the trail changes, I can just reach way back, even when riding, and add or take away one half to one turn and it changes the sled, spring tension or Shock compression.
What do the torsion spacers do? Thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts