Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got the 734 in my 03 racer, It makes for one heck of a machine. Most fun Ive ever had on a sled this past weekend. I played around and found a real nice clutch setup. This thing is a ball. Anyways, I was wondering what running rpms to shoot for. I was using 8000 (on factory doo tach) as my target this weekend, I figured it would be 7850-7900 actual. My initial setup had me running 8300+ on my tach. I added some weight and knocked it down to 8000. It seemed to like it quite a bit better. I never went any lower. Think Im aiming right?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I am running 7500 actual rpm...... about 7750 on the doo tach. The 734's LOVE pin weight......... mine pulls 27g like nothing

-Mike

·
Registered
705 Posts
[Watch out, must talk springs and helixs. Stock spring and helix work well around 20-21 gm. Go with the DJ kit and you'll need all 27 gms. I have DJ's kit, waiting for snow (have been waiting since the week before x-mas) to finish dialing it in, but need to get the optionional 2 gms for the Dalton weight kit. Also, know what type of sled everone is running, I've got an 04 121 X from 700 cyls, think I'm now getting similar performance to the 600 Ho cyl based RKT's. Rev_Man was running a Gade (different stock clutching and gearing I believe).

Buy Dalton weights, unless you already have adjustables. Other kits don't have the weight capability.

Rev Man, where did you get the extra 2gms from? Running 25 had me up over 8K in clicker 3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.