Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put the RKT head on a 600 small block series III (the engine that came in the 99 and up mxz 600 and rev mxz 500ss)? At some point I will need to rebuild my 99 mxz 600 and may do this upgrade if it is worth it.

Anyone ever dyno a 600 with this head?

Any other mods done at the same time?

Could you feel the difference?

Thanks for any help or info.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I did it, well worth it. Huge difference in the way the sled runs.
Kelsey does great work, helps you set it up and loves to talk
sleds on the phone. I put mine on a track dyno and was getting
consistant 64 hp at the track. Not bad for a little 600. Pulled 6 sleds
over stock in 500 ft grass drags. Pretty cheap to gain that much.
Go for it !
The sled in my signature is my 600 all set for grass. (RIP)

Jay

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mxz 600. Have you done any trail riding with it or just grass drags? Did you need to jet down, any other advice about it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Had Kelsey cut me trail domes and race domes. Just changed them whenever the season changed. Jetted down at least a couple sizes.
Zippy sled through the trails. Call Kelsey and he will tell you all about it. It is a great mod, best bang for the buck as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The response I got from RKT for my '03 600HO was 25hp gains with out the pipes and 35hp gain with the pipes over stock.

·
Boondocker
7,342 Posts
redinak said:
The response I got from RKT for my '03 600HO was 25hp gains with out the pipes and 35hp gain with the pipes over stock.
[snapback]288078[/snapback]​
I dont believe those number's

·
Registered
778 Posts
Those numbers must be when going from the 600ho to the
734 big bore that Kelsey does.
Adding just the head, I would say an honest 10hp increase.

Jay

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For clutching, it should be about the same as for a 700 twin? Any recommendations for a good trail set up? Thanks.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Trail -
200/350 primary spring
286 ramps
heavy adjustable pins at 19g

stock doo secondary spring set at B6
teflon buttons
52/48 helix
make sure you run the stock 8607 belt

Jay

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks mxz600. How does it compare to a 700? In an email from RKT, he said it should be able to take stock 700 with just the head. If that is true, the head is definitely worth the money.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
redinak said:
[snapback]288078[/snapback]​
This is for the 734.

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
I had a 20 min conversation over the phone with him and he said u wont tell on the dyno for your H.P. He said u can get different readings at different times, he said u just have to go out there and run it and then u will be able to feel the difference. He can also make it for different octane ratings as well for yah, Im gonna give him a call again pretty soon, and order me up one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts