Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the picture that I wanted to post with my earlier topic "734 Kit Not going together well." This is the PTO side Piston/Cylinder. The piston appears to be hugging one side or leaning to that side. The piston top to cylinder deck measured .011 difference from the inside to the outside measuring parallel to the wrist pin. What is going on here? Should I put this together the rest of the way and run it or is there a problem that I should tear it back down and send it back to RKT????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kirk

Attached image(s)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
kirk700 said:
Here is the picture that I wanted to post with my earlier topic "734 Kit Not going together well." This is the PTO side Piston/Cylinder. The piston appears to be hugging one side or leaning to that side. The piston top to cylinder deck measured .011 difference from the inside to the outside measuring parallel to the wrist pin. What is going on here? Should I put this together the rest of the way and run it or is there a problem that I should tear it back down and send it back to RKT????

Kirk

Attached image(s)
[snapback]257597[/snapback]​
I'm no expert on 2 strokes but I have built many high HP automotive engines, it looks like it was not centered when it was bored. judgeing by the picture. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
591 Posts
csxt802 said:
kirk700 said:

Kirk

Attached image(s)
I'm no expert on 2 strokes but I have built many high HP automotive engines, it looks like it was not centered when it was bored. judgeing by the picture. just my 2 cents.
[snapback]258156[/snapback]​
i agree with you........but if it was mine i would send that same picture to RKT and see what they think

$.02

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
mxzrider500 said:
csxt802 said:
kirk700 said:

Kirk

Attached image(s)
[snapback]258156[/snapback]​
i agree with you........but if it was mine i would send that same picture to RKT and see what they think

$.02
[snapback]259510[/snapback]​
I agree. That pic doesn't look right to me, I would think you'd be stressing something running it like that, by I'm no motor expert. Definitely would be quizzing them on it...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Is that space for allowing expansion of the piston when the engine get's warmed up?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts