Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get some risers for my 600ho. the ROX bundle seems to me like a great deal, should i be getting a new set of bars with it or keep my stock ones. I went to my dealer and it was a lot more hassle than i expected because new bars = not able to put all my clusters back on, or have heated grips and also some compatablilty issues....not tomention the want something around $600
New Bars or stock, and also 3" rise enough?

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
The ammount of rise is all personal preference.

It all depends on rider height and riding style, personally 3" is the shortest i can ride, any less and it gets painfull with my riding style. Then their is the apehanger my buddy has, hes got an 8" which is excellent when im standing but not the greatest if your sitting. So you gotta find your happy medium.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
what the hell is their a cat doing in your garage!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's what I don't understand.... why don't more people use summit bars? I have '05 stock summit bars on my Renegade and I feel they are much better than any bar riser setup. I am 6'4" and can stand straight up and ride all day comfortably. Give them a shot.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MNRenegade said:
Here's what I don't understand.... why don't more people use summit bars? I have '05 stock summit bars on my Renegade and I feel they are much better than any bar riser setup. I am 6'4" and can stand straight up and ride all day comfortably. Give them a shot.
[snapback]691371[/snapback]​
How much are the summit bars? and they have a pretty steep sweep in them so would that cause any toll on the strength...cause the only real reason i could see getting new bars for my risers is because of strength, since getting a straight bar will take off about 2" right away

·
RIP Old 600
2,646 Posts
Teamgreenf7 said:
I have the fly pivot adapter and 7 in fly riser with x bars and I love it...perfect for me and im 6'6.
[snapback]691539[/snapback]​
i like the white, sweet sled.

Andrew

·
Registered
443 Posts
Teamgreenf7 said:
I have the fly pivot adapter and 7 in fly riser with x bars and I love it...perfect for me and im 6'6.
are you delivering pizza with that sled? whats comming out of the trunk? OH YA were is my pie your late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
renegade8 said:
Teamgreenf7 said:
are you delivering pizza with that sled? whats comming out of the trunk? OH YA were is my pie your late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[snapback]691595[/snapback]​
*%@?

The white is as good as it gets!

·
Banned
27 Posts
renegade8 said:
Teamgreenf7 said:

[snapback]691595[/snapback]​
I didn't even notice that... funny sh&%.

YEA WHAT GIVES PIZZABOY?

RM

·
Registered
83 Posts
Rev Molester said:
I didn't even notice that... funny sh&%.

YEA WHAT GIVES PIZZABOY?

RM
[snapback]691753[/snapback]​
Its just a box that is sitting on the ground in the backround...and its not even a pizza box....I guess with the pic it just looks kind of wierd?

Here is another pic...see the box in the corner?

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
i agree with MNRenegade, why not skip the expense and bother of risers and just but a set of bars with the amount of rise you want already in them? i know this doesn't compare but i just put the old handlebars from my CB650(motorcycle) on my 93 A/C lynx which are equivilent to 8 inch risers. they're great standing up and didn't cost me a dime.

also from what i gather, these pivot adapters just make a bar for the risers to hook onto on a standard 4 bolt mounting system? why not just put a piece of 7/8" bar in there that sticks out enough on either side to clamp the risers onto?

i'm sure there's a perfectly logical explination for not doing these things, i just don't know what it is. again, i'm no expert, especially on newer sleds, i like the oldies.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.