Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to put a riser on my handle bars. How high can I put on w/o having to get all new cables, wires etc ?? thanks

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
as soon as the UPS guy stops taunting me, driving by my house 4 times a day, and actually stops to drop off my riser, i will let you know for sure. but i was told anything under 4" and you dont need to modify anything else( extend wires, cables, etc)

Jim

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet!! let me know on your setup!! I want to convert my sled to a mountain sled. 136 2in paddle, riser, tunnel ext, some clutch work(don't know what yet). my buddy went out last year and it was a blast !!
thanks, Clint

MXZ_nut said:
as soon as the UPS guy stops taunting me, driving by my house 4 times a day, and actually stops to drop off my riser, i will let you know for sure. but i was told anything under 4" and you dont need to modify anything else( extend wires, cables, etc)

Jim
[snapback]273989[/snapback]​

·
lay the smack down
2,961 Posts
Hey

I added the powermadd pivot adaptor, they say adds around 1-1.25 inches, and then the Doo 4 inch riser. Didn't have to extend cables just routing of them a bit.
Brake on mine is the biggest limiter, throttle comes over the air filter a bit....I think i got as much as i can on there now though..

If you want pics let me know

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW, now that's a riser!! yeh send me some pics if you could. thanks! I am looking at about 2-3 inch riser.

mr_heritage said:
Hey

I added the powermadd pivot adaptor, they say adds around 1-1.25 inches, and then the Doo 4 inch riser. Didn't have to extend cables just routing of them a bit.
Brake on mine is the biggest limiter, throttle comes over the air filter a bit....I think i got as much as i can on there now though..

If you want pics let me know

[snapback]274060[/snapback]​

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i did not realize that i needed the pivot style adapter for my riser, there is no way possible to mount the riser on the stock steering shaft without fabbing an adapter of some sort or ordering the correct one.

Good to know that after i order the pivot style adapter, i dont have to spend another $35 for the throttle cable extention kit. was the brake line long enough???

·
lay the smack down
2,961 Posts
Heres a pic of mine from drivers view

If you have the flat top steering post then you need an adaptor for the articulating risers, OR you could just go for a block riser. I choose the adaptor route because i wanted to be able to move the bars forward and back a bit and that also loosens cables a bit, not much, but a bit. Also since this pic put on a console cover to finish it off.
I believe the "x" models came with a different steering post which allowed just an articulating riser to be put on...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
i made a bracket tonight for the new style riser, hardware store was closed by the time i got it configured up and ready to go on, so first thing tomorrow i will throw bolts in it, it will be a short term fix until i go back to work and have the extra cash to throw at it. i just used a 1/8" piece of flat stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.