Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been reading post after post about risers... I have a 2012 TNT 600 carb and want the tallest riser I can put on without changing cables. Can someone once and for all give me an answer?? I have seen posts about maybe an 8 will work and a 6 will definitely work. Ok so for those of you have an 8 inch installed on a sled like mine.....did you put longer cables on or not? I had an 08 RS and loved the 8 inch but am not sure I can change my cables and really don't want to. Please advise with real world answers if you have a sled like mine. Thanks in advance. I am driving myself crazy over this. haha well im mostly there anyways.

Sorry to beat a dead horse btw!

·
Registered
11,585 Posts
I just put the 8 on mine and it works with no throttle pull or brake cable problems. Mine is an X but dont think that matters other than my brake line is ss versus rubber. Just cant run the cables like thy were stock. Had to remove one brake line holder to give it a lil more. Bu like i said no issues when turning handle bars. I love the 8. Had the 6 on my old sled and was happy with it but glad i went with the 8.

·
Registered
141 Posts
6" will work for sure 8" you will need a cable EXT I have 600 carb sport same as your tnt only thing diff is shock . but i up graded to hpg clickers anyway , So back to the risers i went with lake effect risers they are great risers and solid made i like the fact that it had the gps mounting right in the riser here is the link www.lakeffectsnow.com I Also had other risers and they had flexed alot in turns and studders i dont like that feeling i like it stable but thats your choice i tried 8s before and felt that it was not what was good for my riding style???

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info and JT I am looking for that blue pill....haha

·
Registered
560 Posts
Like you said, some say 6 some say 8, don't know why the diff from one sled to the next? Why not go with a Rox 6-8 adjustable? Had one on my last sled, and loved it. They make a nice product.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MRV I looked at that and loved it too but to be honest it is out of my price range. I still be tunnel supports and am trying for the WOT ones but looks like I will have to skimp there too. Probably just going with a power madd for like $60 I really want the 8 inch but if I need more cables then I am really over budget. Sounds dumb but that is just where I am. Plus I promised I wouldn't go nuts on this since I bought it instead of the 800 X so I can pick up a used gade to really trick out haha. Down the road of course.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Well I put a 6 on my 09x and looks like I could easily go 8. Why not just take your bars off and see what you can stretch out of it, mite have to cut a couple of zip ties and measure. At least you'll know for sure. Keep in mind that the throttle cable and brake lines are gonna stretch more when you turn the bars. Wish I would kept the ROX but I'm only 5'7" so 6" is enough for me. Good luck.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys or all the input. And SNO-HOE (love that name btw) did you have to go as far as disconnecting them or jsut taking them out of the clips? I want the 8 inch so bad.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Doesn't sound like you'll be happy settling for the 6". Which is worst case?

Settling for the 6" or buying the 8" and having to extend the cables?

I have the 8" Powermadd on my 2012 X, the brake was close so i had the dealer extend the one cable, wasn't worth it to me to try and make it work. Of course the dealer covered it so it made the decision easier too

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys im gonna order the 8 and see what happens. like u said worst case I need to order a longer cable.

·
Large Member
1,610 Posts
I had the dealer put an 8" on my 2011 MXZx 800. They used a Summit braided brake hose- still in the clamp and routed properly. They also used a PowerMadd throttle cable extension.

I rode with it all last season. It's a little too tall for long trail rides but perfect for messing around and stand up riding.

I just ordered a Rox 6"-8" adjustable riser. I should also add that I am 6'2".

·
Registered
28 Posts
brake re-route i didnt have to disconnect anything just route around stuff. throttle cable on the other hand, i had to disconnect the cable from the throttle block and find the best route up. i originally had the 8 inch on with out re routing the throttle but when turning right my throttle would stay open meaning that it had tension and was being pulled. you dont get much with re routing the throttle but you get just enough so you can safley turn your bars full crank.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Just a question. How tall are you guys wanting 8 inch risers? And what terrain do you ride with an 8 inch riser?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm 6'1 250 lbs plug gear. Ride alot of tight short narrow up and down trials. Not at much speed but I play on the sides and in the woods or drifts when I can. I had an 08 RS with the 8 in riser and race seat. I already put the taller seat on mine so now I need the riser. I liked the height of my RS sitting or standing. My wife loved it standing but not sitting so she is gonna get a 6 inch for 08 TNT for xmas maybe.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts