Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never seen one of these tracks up close. The lugs look huge compared to my 1.25" ripsaw1... I like the split finger design on the single lugs. 42 lbs. on my not very accurate bathroom scale. Hope I like them. We are doing more off trail, power lines, gas lines, open fields, maybe these will help a little but the main reason for buying them was for better traction on the trail. The ripsaw1 1.25" just spins on hard packed trails. I don't care if I lose a little top end either. IMG_1801.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's the split finger lug.. All the single lugs are like this and all are very stiff. IMG_1802.JPG

Attachments

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,650 Posts
Where you pick them up tic? Really wanted to go to what you have there but came across a Rip 2 1 1/4" at a price I couldn't turn down but having second thoughts.

-grover

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
I got them from snow city in Bronson MI.. I didn't realize at the time that Doodoctor sells tracks or I would have got them from him as he's only an hour away from me and a dootalk vendor.

Reactions: grover

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's two ply but I can't say that weight is accurate. I just put the rolled up track on the bathroom scale. Shipping weight was 46 lbs. I don't think the box and the blue plastic wrap weighs 4 lbs. but maybe it does. I'll report back in ten months on how I like it. :(

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Looks like a nice track! I've actually been contemplating taking my 1.6 ice cobra off and putting a 1.25 on my xrs. It is 99% trail use with the very very rare deeper snow fun spirt. The only thing I fear is the lost hookup from it by going to even a ice attack or something. It also seems to really heat up my slides with the tall lug on it so I'm not sure.

Will be interesting to see how you like this one. I liked my rip1 1.5 on my rev when I had it on there.

Steve

·
Registered
205 Posts
Put the same track on my 1200 gade and have been very happy in all conditions with its performance. The lugs seem very beefy so hopefully it holds up good. I considered a cobra but some of the reviews of them not holding up good and loss of top end pushed me to this track. I don't feel I lost any top end with the ripsaw 2.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had read the cobra's lugs are more pliable.. Probably better for loose/deep snow? I am looking primarily for better traction on the trail and hopefully with the DuPont sliders both will last a long time. I considered pre-studded but my concrete driveway and garage floor might not like that

Reactions: maxxterminator

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I think you made the right choice for your sleds and the way you ride. I think you will get 10K out of these tracks as I feel they are more durable then the stock track. Good job on the purchase....... now if it took you 2.5 hours to change i set of top control arm bushings how long will it take you to install these????????? :Snowroller3:

·
Registered
781 Posts
You will be VERY happy with your new track! Put one on my 2016 Gade 1200 after 20,000km of spinning the useless.rip 1.25 on my old 1200's. Did I lose top end? Who knows who cares cuz the traction on the trail is unreal! I also looked at getting a Cobra but the lugs are definitely softer and I don't know if it would work as well as the Rip2 on a hard trail.

I was only able to get 2,500km on my new machine this winter....I inow the power is about the same as my last 1200's but it seems waaaay more powerful because I'm not spinning all the time.....so much fun to come out of a corner, hit the gas and have the skis in the air instead of spinning.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I had read the cobra's lugs are more pliable.. Probably better for loose/deep snow? I am looking primarily for better traction on the trail and hopefully with the DuPont sliders both will last a long time. I considered pre-studded but my concrete driveway and garage floor might not like that
I'm going to try the DuPont sliders next year. This year will be the first that I've worn out my factory slides. It only took 1300 miles. My previous sleds have gone over 5k miles and their slides were nowhere near as worn as my 16 xrs. Something going on here. I have the ice attak xt. I won't go thru the trouble of track swapping to a prestudded track again. I may take one on a snow check. The track seems just great in the conditions where you would not need studs, but I don't think it gets much bite at all on ice if your mildly agressive. I did a short ice crossing with it and was spinning by just rolling on the throttle. It's probably a good track for those that are more mild with the throttle. I've tried to be more gentle with this track to prevent spinning it over bare spots and ice yet the studs are all leaning over a bit now, so they are getting even less bite than when new.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you made the right choice for your sleds and the way you ride. I think you will get 10K out of these tracks as I feel they are more durable then the stock track. Good job on the purchase....... now if it took you 2.5 hours to change i set of top control arm bushings how long will it take you to install these????????? :Snowroller3:
The place where I bought them from said it's a 3 hour job. When I told him it took me almost that long to change out one side upper A-arm bushing set he hung up on me.

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You will be VERY happy with your new track! Put one on my 2016 Gade 1200 after 20,000km of spinning the useless.rip 1.25 on my old 1200's. Did I lose top end? Who knows who cares cuz the traction on the trail is unreal! I also looked at getting a Cobra but the lugs are definitely softer and I don't know if it would work as well as the Rip2 on a hard trail.

I was only able to get 2,500km on my new machine this winter....I inow the power is about the same as my last 1200's but it seems waaaay more powerful because I'm not spinning all the time.....so much fun to come out of a corner, hit the gas and have the skis in the air instead of spinning.
That's exactly what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
The place where I bought them from said it's a 3 hour job. When I told him it took me almost that long to change out one side upper A-arm bushing set he hung up on me.
haha....

Reactions: spud62w

·
Regular ol' run-of-the-mill Member
5,646 Posts
FWIW 42 lbs is exactly the spec shown on the Camso website.

So yer scale is dead-nuts.

Nice looking track. I was considering it for a replacement for my high mileage Cobra if I make the swap this summer. We'll see. My Cobra is still in acceptable shape but showing some wear....

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well then I guess the box and the blue plastic wrapped around the track did indeed weigh 4 lbs and I really do weigh over 190.. Dang.. Its going to be a long wait until I can try it but sure looks like it will hook up way better than the OEM track

·
Fuzzy but not Blue........
10,650 Posts
Well then I guess the box and the blue plastic wrapped around the track did indeed weigh 4 lbs and I really do weigh over 190.. Dang.. Its going to be a long wait until I can try it but sure looks like it will hook up way better than the OEM track
Now get those clutches calibrated(or have another set up) for your next trip out west and put those tracks to good use!

-grover

1 - 20 of 43 Posts