Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice after changing to a ripsaw track any increase in the vibration in your handlebars. I have 96 studs with the double backers going up the middle on my 04 REV 600HO. Do the double backers make the track more ridgid = increased vibration in track??? Sounds like a loud hum coming from the track all the time that vibrates through up to the bars. At first I thought I might have seized a bearing on the driver but all seems fine there and hyfax wear is normal??? Any insight into this let me know. Thanks later REV8MN

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Track is alligned and tension adjusted correctly....I thought at one point that ice buildup was the cause too...but still did it after making sure the tunnel was clean....I'm baffled then if no one else is having this problem.....I'll check everything over again tonight and try it again. Maybe I'll try running the track a bit looser and see if that makes a difference. Any other ideas/suggestions?

Later REV8MN

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ttt

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ttt

·
Registered
177 Posts
my new ripsaw does the same thing.. Not as bad as you state but noticable.. I haven't fixed it yet but I did notice it got worse when I tightened the track to spec from a little out of spec where I had it..

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have the same thing going on with my sled. I have on 03 600 ho with a 1.25" ripsaw and 96 down the middle with double backers. My machine does tend to vibrate alot.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just put 96 studs in my sled down the center only with double backer plates and noticed a sort of howling noise. I also went to tighten the track and found that the rear idler wheels were almost to the point of falling off. I have not yet tried it since I have had them tightened but I hope that will do the trick. (1" lug track) I don't experience any vibration though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mine vibrates excessively under aceleration or when in powder. I have no studs. I believe it's caused from drivers, haven't tried to turn them yet or trueing of them...possibly you've hit something hard enough to bend yours also.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for everyones input...have some new leads to followup on now at least. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
My 600 with the stock inch and a quarter track with double backers (96 middle) hums a bit around mid speed but no vibration.

·
Registered
430 Posts
my heavily modded 2004 800 ho has ripsaw with 144 studs with double backers down the middle. no problems woth vibration at all. my friend had the same track on his 03 rev and i did notice alot of vibration.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts