Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 03 800 rev will show me 112-115 on the speedo
with the 1" track,but too much track spin.I have dropped
to a 24 tooth on the top and have 96 down the the center.
Will a rip-saw help with track spin and what about top end?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Is your sled stock? Did the drop from a 26 to a 24 tooth help or hurt your top speed? Sorry, I cannot help you with your track question. I also have an 03. I dropped to a 25 tooth and debating about going to a 24 tooth.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Top end with 24 closer to 112 on speedo but alot quicker also moved pilots up 20 and mains down 370. But track spin all the way.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
How long have you been running 370 mains? Have you run it hard at low temperatures? Does it seem to be pretty safe? Did dropping the mains one size seem to make a noticable power difference? Do you think it is stilll safe to run WFO on the lake for 1/2 or 3/4 mile runs? Thanks for the info! Also, again, I am sorry I cannot help you with your question.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was -24 c first trip with 370 mains ran for 150 miles lots of wot with no problems.
Check plugs they were not white but not brown either was a little concerned but left set-up as is, Over 1000 miles lots of cold temps and no problem. Improved fuel mileage and much crisper response.

·
Registered
520 Posts
A ripsaw with greatly improve your hole shot and bring your top end down a bit. Case in point, my brother's 500ss has a 1.5" ripsaw and I have a 500ss with the stock 1" track. At hole shot he was two sled lengths ahead of me in no time flat. As we neared 95-100 mph I was catching up to him and would have eventually passed him if the field was a little longer.

My point, he lost top end due to more rotating mass. But I'd rather have the hole shot anyday.

my .02.

Tony

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
my brother's 500ss has a 1.5" ripsaw
...got any pics? Never heard of a 1.5" ripsaw...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts