Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody going to be around to put on some miles? We plan on riding early in the morning b4 the city boys get outta bed.
Starting in North Redfield, gonna try going east to Highmarket, maybe C-Ville depending on trail conditions, back up to Montague and Barnes. Plans are very flexible at this point, I just wanna go where the best trails are.

Travis

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Hope the groomers get out.... we rode Tuesday night (115 miles) and the trails from Barnes Corners to Tabolt's Corners were pretty BEAT. Railroad bed to Highmarket back towards C-ville, Turin, Timberview were Ok but a little thin. Freezing rain right now in Watertown but only 25degrees. If the groomers get on things and it freezes up it might not be too bad early. Hope for more snow though. Poker run this Saturday for Lewis County Hospital so it will probably be pretty busy. Ill likely brave the conditions for a few miles.

·
E-Tec Rules
34,045 Posts
tug hil is great if you ride before 2:pm after 2pm

·
Super Moderator
29,726 Posts
We rode last night. Trails were beat, getting thin already, and today its warm, windy, and raining. Hopefully it will switch around and start snowing, as it's supposed to do. Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Rode Saturday and then Monday and Tuesday and never saw a trail that had been groomed other than a couple on Saturday besides the TC Riders on the southern side of the hill. They can talk all the no snow and volunteer crap they want to, considering the kind of winter they are having there is no excuse for the condition of the trails. I'll take my money somewhere else from now on.

Before you start slamming me with this and that, I belong to numerous clubs (not any longer) and deposit a stupid amount of money in the groomer jugs. I will join the TC Riders club (even if I don't ride the hill anymore) they seem to be the only ones doing a good job with a lot less snow than the other clubs.

·
MTM follower
2,592 Posts
Well I rode wednesday and every trail I was on was Flat. Unloaded at 6:30.
Had 160 miles on at 11:50 when we stopped at tuggers. Hour and half later it after we ate. (tuggers has sucky service). It seemed like someone flipped a switch. Got another hundred miles working our way back to Redfield. Rode the last 15 miles in Mud. My poor sled.

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
RENEGADE13 said:
we were going to come up. not anymore. that place is going to be a zoo.
[snapback]720197[/snapback]​
Yea with all the remaining areas that had snow now melted and the hill the only place w/ snow its going to be a mess, but I'm not complaining

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Yeahh it's gonna be a little rough, but I know quite a few seasonal roads that arent marked on the trail maps so i'll be happy to rip down those if need be. The town of Redfield has nothing for snow, 8 miles north at my house we have about 2 feet. I'm not scared of bumps, just need enough snow to get from place to place.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Warlock said:
Rode Saturday and then Monday and Tuesday and never saw a trail that had been groomed other than a couple on Saturday besides the TC Riders on the southern side of the hill. They can talk all the no snow and volunteer crap they want to, considering the kind of winter they are having there is no excuse for the condition of the trails. I'll take my money somewhere else from now on.

Before you start slamming me with this and that, I belong to numerous clubs (not any longer) and deposit a stupid amount of money in the groomer jugs. I will join the TC Riders club (even if I don't ride the hill anymore) they seem to be the only ones doing a good job with a lot less snow than the other clubs.
[snapback]720125[/snapback]​
You got that right Warlock!! I'm a member of TC Riders, no other club is remotely close to them!

·
Super Moderator
29,726 Posts
SteveDoo24 said:
Warlock said:

[snapback]720125[/snapback]​
You got that right Warlock!! I'm a member of TC Riders, no other club is remotely close to them!

[snapback]720604[/snapback]​
While TC Riders do a good job, they don't get 1/10th of the traffic the center of The Hill gets. Don't knock the guys in Barnes Corners. We rode last Wednesday afternoon. The groomers had been out in the morning but by noon the trails were shot. 10,000 sleds all running over the same trails will do that - every time.

Oh, and BTW, it might not matter. Right now it's 45* out and its POURING rain. Just when it looked like we might recover, more of the same...

·
Registered
358 Posts
im depressed... still havent riden my sled and im doin the f-in snow dance every nite...all the money ive saved from not going away every weekend has gone to pay my sled off faster....

let it snow blizzard style.... got like 2 ft in brooklyn sat. sun. but wats that gonna do its snowing in the wrong place...

·
Super Moderator
29,726 Posts
Hold On...516 said:
let it snow blizzard style.... got like 2 ft in brooklyn sat. sun. but wats that gonna do its snowing in the wrong place...
[snapback]720663[/snapback]​
We got a foot on Monday and 3 feet the Monday before that. Trouble is 45 degrees with wind, rain, and 10,000 sleds. That combo never works.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts