Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 20 years old, I live in upstate NY, and I've always had snowmobiles. Two years ago I had a 2001 MXZ X and my friends and I would go riding all the time. Then they all sell their sleds and Im stuck with a sled by myself so I sell mine as well, which I didnt want to do but it sucks to ride by yourself all the time. Anyway that brings us up to this year a few of my friends pick up new sleds, one a brand new 800 DOO and the other an F7. The DOO guy is in the navy and lives in VA and comes up like every other weekend, the cat guy lives near me and we ride alot. We have other friends who own sleds and monday thru thursday they ALL want to go riding on the upcoming weekend and then friday night usually when we're getting loaded up for the next day they start the excuses, like this past weekend 6 people were going with us for saturday...on saturday me and the cat-guy went by ourselves. I guess my point is if anyone in the Tug-Hill or Indian Lake/MRP or anywhere in NY area ever wants to go riding let me know, Im a good rider, agressive but good. I like to air it out sometimes and I like to go fast but I also know how to do it I've been riding since I was 7 and I've never had a "major" accident. (LOL who hasn't had a minor one?) Anyway I LOVE snowmobiling and in the next 2 years I wanna move somewhere where it is bigger because I live for the winter. So like i said if anyone in NY wants to ever tear it up let me know, I'm down for anything. Thanks-Dave

·
Registered
188 Posts
can't really help you cause i'm in Canada, but i feel your pain. guys get older, have families - i just hate it when the excuses start close to departure date. just be straight from the start - if you can't go say so, that way other arrangements can be made. people seem to forget how to have fun. i have a family too, but the way i see it getting away for a couple weekends a winter should not be a problem. why have a machine anyways if you don't use it? anyways if you're ever in my neck of the woods pm me.

·
Is it winter yet
2,147 Posts
I have same problem hard to find to many people enthused about snowmobiling around. Buddies always have some excuse. Part of the time i have to supply someone with a sled just so i have somebody to ride with.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah I used to have 2 sleds as well. The '01 MXZ X and a 98 MXZ 670 and the last ride of that year before i sold them my friend rolled the 98 like 5 times so i stopped letting people use my sleds...but yah it is hard to find people that are into riding as much as I am around here which sucks, why buy a 5000-9000 dollar machine and then not use it more then 4 times a season..I JUST DON'T GET IT?!?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Dave if you're looking for dedicated riding buddies, the kind of guy's who are at the lake on a hot summer day talking about riding snowmobiles ? You should join a local club, there are several in Saratoga county. Another way that I have met a good bunch of guy's is through the Indian Lake snow web site. I'm sure there are members in your area. I rode with a bunch of them this past weekend one guy and his son were from Glens Fall's. There are always guys on there putting together group rides. There was one in Perkins clearing this past weekend. Check out the fourm at www.ilsnow.com then go to the bulletin board

·
Registered
53 Posts
wow well thats not my prob at all you just have to get a good freind who really always wanted a sled convince him to get one and hell be out there riding all the time. my only problem is the lack of snow cause my bro is always up for it and so is his friend. if you can get a buddy to get something cheap but reliable then hed always want to go riding i go riding with a couple cat guys with the 580 twins and i have a free bee blizzard as does my brother. i hate living in IL lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
My problem is n't someone to ride with but someone who doesn't want to ride to the first bar and sit there all day and go home.If I wanted to sit and drink all day i'd stay home with the wife and kids,they could drive me to that.

·
Registered
429 Posts
justDOOit said:
My problem is n't someone to ride with but someone who doesn't want to ride to the first bar and sit there all day and go home.If I wanted to sit and drink all day i'd stay home with the wife and kids,they could drive me to that.

[snapback]263705[/snapback]​
My problem is when we all started to ride we would meet at the gas station at 700 am if you werent there oh well now we are lucky if we leave by 900am I dont mind riding in the truck for 2 hours but lets leave early so we get some good riding in. The other problem I have is the wife doesnt like me gone all weekend especially after our basement caved in this spring. She will say its okay six months before I go then two days before I go she starts giving me crap I guess thats the problem with getting older

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
when we go we leave at like 6:00 am and we don't stay at the bar all day,I just can't get people to say they'll go and then actually follow through.

·
Registered
235 Posts
if you are ever in the speculator area on a weekend e-mail me i would be more then happy to join you , when i am not riding i am thinking of it
and the only excuse i have for not riding is when the conditions don;t allow me to . my only drawback is i don;t have a trailer , decided to buy one this season and baught a new sled insted so hopefully in the fall will get opne .

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
foge, did you get out last night???

Sickrev, there are alot of people from your area on ILsnow.com that are always riding together around speculator area and indian lake.

·
Registered
235 Posts
hey saltarev , no i live in new windsor but spend my weekends in speculator ,
i wish i was out riding last night . i was so mad last night snowblowing my driveway and in the woods behind me hearing a sled going by . but like i said i ended up getting a new sled for the wife and just baught a computer so a trailer will have to wait until next spring .

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
FOGE said:
hey saltarev , no i live in new windsor but spend my weekends in speculator ,
i wish i was out riding last night . i was so mad last night snowblowing my driveway and in the woods behind me hearing a sled going by . but like i said i ended up getting a new sled for the wife and just baught a computer so a trailer will have to wait until next spring .
[snapback]263845[/snapback]​
how do you get the sleds up to specuator without a trailer?? do you have another house up there? We were up at the village motel again this past weekend. I wanted to ride over at stewart last night but I put the slippers on and got real lazy. lol

·
Registered
235 Posts
my parents have a vacation home in speculator me and my wife use
(they only use it for the summer months ) they didn;t plow our road last night until around 9 oclock so it would have been nice for a good spin around the neighborhoods .

·
Registered
24 Posts
SicRev... I'm in Saratoga as well... my house is on Ballston Lake to be exact. We are always looking to add riders to our group, so PM me if you want to go. Like you said though, if we are meeting on Sat. morning, you have to be there ready to go, no excuses. We ride MRP, Speculator, and Old Forge a lot. Heading to Quebec end of the month as well.

·
Super Moderator
29,363 Posts
I think I'll bookmark this post. We never seem to have a problem getting a few guys to ride, but its always nice to get more when needed.

BTW, if we ever get any snow, you're welcome to ride with us.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts