Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, can you guys help me out here. I have a 2000 Tundra R and a 2015 Tundra LT Ace. Recently this winter Ice fishing I have encountered several lakes with Glare Ice. No snowpack to speak of whatsoever. Neither machine has studs, but I am not worried about that. Most of my ice fishing is less than a mile drive across the glare ice and traveling slow does the trick. My question is----is it ok to be running these for short distances 1/2-1mile at a time, and occasional short stints to chase tip ups? Should I not be running the old one for fear of overheating engine and or track, etc?

Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Don't have to worry about overheating the ace it has a rad and fan in the front. As far as sliders if it's just short runs not a big concern either.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Reactions: johnfunn

·
Registered
504 Posts
I often have encountered these conditions. The only thing I do is to go very slow and try to go over any snow or water spots I can find. I have heard of guys that carry snow balls with them and throw them on to their sliders as they go.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I have ice scrstchers but I also shovel some snow into my track before going on the bare ice. It really help and I do it as often as I can.

RR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts