Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Right over the boarder from NH takes a while to get really good. Lots of small town road crossings for the 1st 50-60 miles. THe further north and EAST you go the better. Its probably just under 200 miles to St Georges from Youngs. After St G lots of great senery HUge covered bridge Notre Dame de PIns ,Hells gate gorge, Mont Du Midi. The southerly rt 55 is tight and twisty (relitively speaking) Middle route is 35 is wide open rail bed and the northerly route 5 is a mix of both. 35 is fun the 1st couple times but then gets boring though we still use it to make time. You can use this area to put on big miles (have done the Gaspe in just 4 days from St. G 2 times) or you can explore all the secondary trails in the region. I don't have any pics as most were lost in a computer crash. Get a Chaudiere de Appleces map to get you started

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just to get the word out the crossing at the boarder is closed down(for sleds) due to the new construction going on. Unless the club does a re-route I don't know how people will be able to cross.Maybe up the road, but that's a lot of pavement.

·
Registered
715 Posts
You guys gettin a new leach field ?? I wonder how customs would feel about us blowing down the boarder cut from BOundry???

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
It happens all the time.Nothing new there last season we were there and saw a lot of sleds crossing in and out from boundry.There are a ton of little side trails to get you in and out of Canada.You be amazed of the places we discoverd last season.Do the right thing and get registered in Quebec and you won't have any issues if you get stopped on the borer cut.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Question:
After crossing boundry pond, you have the option to ride in either direction (turning onto the cut) left or right turn at the end of the pond, are you LEGAL with both NH and ME registrations (no Canada reg.) as long as you stay on the border cut?

No you are not suppose to ride the cut period.But they do say if you ride the cut stay to the right side going right at boundry.Stay to the left if going left at boundry that way you are still in the U.S.

Do you guys think crossing into Canada will be still available from Trail #5 next season or will the Pitts Ridge Runners have to create a trail re-route to customs off of 5 ? Not sure how many Pittsburg
riders use the trail to cross into Canada on a weekend or weekday trip.

It should still be there that has been the point of entry for years.

If you want to get some Canadian riding in this season hit us up and tag along.

Thanks....

·
Registered
715 Posts
sno strm if your registered for Maine anyway going through Eustis and crossing at Corbin gore or even continuing to Jackman and crossing there can be a better trail ride than crossing in Pittsburg. Crossing @ Corbin gore avoids the in town riding that you would do crossing in Pittsburg and gets you on good quebec stuff quicker. If Eustis Jackman is groomed it is a nice ride as well.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Even with maps you can get a little lost when your buddy doesn't listen. Cat guy...thinks he knows everything.

A few pics (in now order) from my 2008 trip from Coleman State Park to La Guadeloupe Canada and then crossing back into Maine.

not me...you think I would wear a jacket like that...HELL NO!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts