Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading up to Mercer this afternoon. Couldn't find anyone to go along so I'm wondering if anyone is going to be around that needs a riding partner? I will be staying at the Great Northern
Robbie

·
Snotard
1,361 Posts
Keep us posted on the conditions. Was in the area last weekend conditions north were a little better than to the east or south. Will be up there 1/28 wondering if there has been any snow since

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was up last weekend and you will find better snow if you ride north of mercer....

·
Registered
147 Posts
I tried riding to Mercer from Manitowish Waters on Sunday and turned around due to rough trails. I don't think they groom Saturday nights - at least not to the east. Every time I try Mercer on Sunday the trails are beat. Maybe I need to try a different day. Presque Isle was really nice. Man. waters now got their groomer to the north side of town so they should be good now. The more north you go the better the trails get. The UP has a lot of snow to the north of Mercer & Man Waters but check the grooming schedules as they do not groom every day.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I tried riding to Mercer from Manitowish Waters on Sunday and turned around due to rough trails. I don't think they groom Saturday nights - at least not to the east. Every time I try Mercer on Sunday the trails are beat. Maybe I need to try a different day. Presque Isle was really nice. Man. waters now got their groomer to the north side of town so they should be good now. The more north you go the better the trails get. The UP has a lot of snow to the north of Mercer & Man Waters but check the grooming schedules as they do not groom every day.
Hey Griz,

Where would one find grooming schedules? That is something I would be interested in seeing.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm heading up to Mercer this afternoon. Couldn't find anyone to go along so I'm wondering if anyone is going to be around that needs a riding partner? I will be staying at the Great Northern
Robbie
Me, the wife, and my son were in Hurley this past weekend. Very good snow there and north. Rode down to Mercer Sunday. Somewhat thinner base. Still, considering that I can see spots of grass in my yard, its all good!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey Griz,

Where would one find grooming schedules? That is something I would be interested in seeing.
I don't know the schedules, but I know Mercer and near Gogebic do not run daily. Manitowish waters, Presque Isle and I think Bolder are 100% daily. Mercer has a lot more miles of trail so they are on some sort of rotation that I haven't figured out. Your best bet would be to befriend a groomer driver. Any Mercer groomer drivers here on DooTalk?

·
Registered
58 Posts
MW grooms daily except for sunday or Monday nights I believe. Mercer has a lot more ground to cover so I know they don't groom everything daily but agree that they pretty much never groom to the east on Saturday nights as it's usually beat to hell on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts