Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What gloves do you ride with? Just thought I would see what popular opinion is about lighter weight riding gloves. I need a pair and want to know how they stack up.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
skidoofan said:
What gloves do you ride with? Just thought I would see what popular opinion is about lighter weight riding gloves. I need a pair and want to know how they stack up.
[snapback]739068[/snapback]​
im wondering the same thing, because i dont like wearing those big bulky gloves but sometimes you gotta when it gets real cold out.

·
I am The Stig
1,014 Posts
Any decent "snocross" style gloves are great lightweight riding gloves, until it gets real cold out. I have a pair of Joe Rocket snocross gloves (no idea if they make'em anymore) and they are great on the warmer days. For the cold days I wear Doo X-Team winter gloves.

·
Shoooow meeee the POWDER!!
3,849 Posts
I bought these this year and love them so far. I have ridden in single digit temps and have not had cold hands yet. I am very impressed with these gloves. I've got caught riding in some rain and although the back of the glove was wet, the inside was still dry. The only thing that I don't like is that the suede on the palms seems to be "balling" up and a few of the black triangular pieces have come off, but non of that has affected the performance of them. I plan on buying a couple more pairs this fall to have when my current ones wear out. This is the only glove I've liked so sar in the several that I've tried.

http://www.ski-doo.com/en-US/Snowmobiles/2...inkHotProduct=1

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
I had a real bad problem of cold hands and frost bite on my finger tips.

Bought 4 differents kinds of gloves and mitts....nothing worked.

Finally Papa bought me the Xteam Skidoo leather gloves and they ROCK!!!

I love them.....when it hits 30 below I have to turn down the hand warmers as my hands get way too hot!!

Lightweight and fit my wrist mirror perfectly!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a pair of the leather skidoo x gloves for cold weather riding. I just need to find a lighter pair for that 20's to 30's temp that is just too warm for my current glove. Nothing more annoying than sweaty hands and not being able to get comfortable especially when the trail is getting rough. I have looked at the skidoo gore tex for around fifty bucks but am wondering if there is others out their that have found that glove that works perfect for 20/30's weather.

What about Coldwave? Fox? and others?

·
In Search Of PAH!
1,853 Posts
I have been on the search for the "perfect gloves", too. Tried just about all of them. The ones I like so far are the nylon Doo X-Team gloves (regular price is about $70, I paid $35 at a pre-season show). My only complaint is that they are almost too insulated. My handwarmers have to be scorching hot for my hands to feel the warmth. Otherwise, these are the first gloves I have ever owned that my hands don't hurt after riding for a full day.

·
sledhead
2,241 Posts
I found the "Perfect Glove" this year,

I have worn the Klim thin gloves all year, they are amazing to say the very least.
Keep a spare pair in the pack when the other pair gets wet

·
Ride it like your brothers going to fix it
870 Posts
99MXZ600 said:
I bought these this year and love them so far. I have ridden in single digit temps and have not had cold hands yet. I am very impressed with these gloves. I've got caught riding in some rain and although the back of the glove was wet, the inside was still dry. The only thing that I don't like is that the suede on the palms seems to be "balling" up and a few of the black triangular pieces have come off, but non of that has affected the performance of them. I plan on buying a couple more pairs this fall to have when my current ones wear out. This is the only glove I've liked so sar in the several that I've tried.

[snapback]739184[/snapback]​
These are the same gloves I have. Bought them in the beginning of the season. I love them. My hands have never gotten cold even in bollow zero wheather. They stay dry and are durible so far. I got them from SAKs. Best money I spent this year.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hatchers said:
I found the "Perfect Glove" this year,

I have worn the Klim thin gloves all year, they are amazing to say the very least.
Keep a spare pair in the pack when the other pair gets wet

[snapback]739543[/snapback]​
What model are they? I have looked at them and they have two thin pair. One is a velcro strap and the other is slip on.

·
sledhead
2,241 Posts
Sorry, I dont know the glove model nme. They cost 75.00 to 50.00, hope this helps

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Fox - Get them slightly bigger than normal but not too big, you will stay warmer!!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
i use moto-x gloves.......and the racingmuffs...
.i cant stand the bigger gloves..need better control.......the thinner the better........makes me feel the trail better

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
for temps 15F and above i wear only motocross motor cycle gloves. 20-30 bux last typically about a season. i wear one pair and carry several others. as they get saturated i swap them for dry pair. when they get wet they are lighter and easier to dry out incase of need for more pairs then you have with you. thors phaze glove is nice. for the rides home after a hard day of playing in the powder, i like the kenai glove from RU otside. seem like they wont keep you warm but they are awesome. ski

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
www.ruoutside.com

The Vortex 3-in-one glove. Before this I always had to wear 3 finger mitts. Never found a glove to keep my fingers warm. I'm really happy with these. Been wearing them about 4 years now.

On sale now for $49.95

·
Registered
188 Posts
99MXZ600 said:

[snapback]739184[/snapback]​
these are thee gloves. not bulky and are warm for 20-30 deg.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Alpinstars Drystar cold weather motorcycle gloves. They are gore tex and thin so you can feel the handwarmers. I have liners if it gets really cold. Dennis Kirk has them.

·
RETIRED
11,148 Posts
Hatchers said:
Sorry, I dont know the glove model nme. They cost 75.00 to 50.00, hope this helps
[snapback]739592[/snapback]​
i think you have the powerxross glove
i got them this year also
only rode 2 times, but they were the best iv had so far

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I have all of the Ski-Doo gloves previously listed and will wear differnet gloves for different weather and riding.........

1 - 19 of 19 Posts