Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spring checked a Renegade X to replace my 2000 Grand Touring so I will be riding 2 up occasionally, should I look at replacing the torsion springs? Combined weight would be around 350 lbs. Thanks in advance for any and all help

·
Registered
68 Posts
I spring checked a Renegade X to replace my 2000 Grand Touring so I will be riding 2 up occasionally, should I look at replacing the torsion springs? Combined weight would be around 350 lbs. Thanks in advance for any and all help
I rode 2up with my wife last year on my 19 Adrenaline with the factory rear springs no problem. Would have been a similar combined weight and preload was set to 3.

You'll be fine IMO.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think your problem will be with to much sag but it will be close. If you need springs I would go with the 287/289's which will allow you to still ride alone but give you a bit extra for the occasional 2 up. ride it first and then decide
I rode it 280km through Subury 2up with the stock spring set at 3. Zero bottoming, zero issue with the flap getting caught up in reverse. Give it a good go with the stock spring, you can always go up to 4 on the preload too.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I rode with my wife with maybe a hair more weight with no problem. I spoke to Ian from Monster and he told me should be fine. I did beef up my older sleds with his products however. I didn't even have it set to max. You should be fine.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My wife and I are 305 lbs combined plus gear. I ride my MXZ X with the rears adjusted to number 2. Only the hardest of bumps does it bottom out and I get the "oooh" from the back. If you make it too comfy, you will never get any single riding time. LOL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts