Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our first FAMILY ride Together yesterday. We had 11 sleds in our group. Sleds in the group/ 2004 SD Rev 500ss,Two,2004 SD GSX 600HO SDI's, Three 2002 SD MXZ 500fans, SD MXZ 440fan, 2000? Yam 600 triple, 2001 SD formula DLX 700 GS, 2001 SD Mach Z, 2003 SD MXZ 500.
Riders ages 12? thru 62. Pretty diverse group.
We rode from my house thru Letchworth State Park to N. Java and back. 124 miles. The day started out with some fun.. I went to town (Geneseo) with my Mach to fill up and my son Michael was with me on his Rev.. I hit a hay bale buried in snow that i did not see at 50mph and I went one way, and the Mach'ster went the other Sled landed rubber side down and waited patiently for stupid owner to re-mount.. Only damage was my heated shield cord.. FIRST time I have ever parted ways with the ole girl in about 4000 miles..
After fueling up we all headed out, trails had tons of snow but it's so light that you could feel ski's hit bottom every so often.. One rider hit a patch of hidden ice at the end of a corn field and slide/caught and high sided her.. Rider and sled both OK.. Made it to the park fine and got stopped by Park Police (this is the second time).. rode up thru the park and had one other slight mishap as 3 riders tangled due to following too close/ poor visibility.. One rider stopped one hit him and his Mom ran into him.. Damage, one taillight. Turned around and rode back down to the Perry exit and headed to Perry/ Rock glen/ and on to N. Java. Stopped at the N Java Inn and had a quick bite to eat and went to the gas station just up the street and topped off the sleds.. Headed back to the park but took a different route, had to stop due to one of the younger riders complaining that his sled was not running right.. It's a 2002 Ski-Doo 500 fan what could be wrong
Hmm, oil just about dry so the sensor was killing the motor.. Uncle Terry came to the rescue with a HUGE syringe.. We sucked some oil from a few sleds and headed to Perry.. Stopped and bought some oil, then headed to the park.. Got stopped AGAIN
(this is the THIRD time) Heading out of the park we swung by the park office and got our night passes for a few of the sleds that did not already have them.. 3 riders from our group did not stop at the office so my father in law went after them, and he was promptly pulled over! *%@.. I talked to the girl in the office and she said they are checking EVERYONE that rides in the park.. I think that the NYS $45 registration fee has caused LOTS of NYS riders to fail to register their sleds this year. Made our way back to the house. Said our goodbye's to everyone and went inside and tossed back a Corona.. Let the boys each have a Coors light.. It was a great ride considering the group we had. One rider who is best friends with my son Michael was on his very FIRST ride and did great! He just got his first sled, a 2003 MXZ 500 Adrenaline. Can't wait until Fri. I work 12 hr shifts and I am on my 4 day stretch (Mon-Thurs) then I am off for SEVEN days..

Cheers,
Evel

Sorry no pics, forgot the camera

·
Doo Pilot
1,895 Posts
Family rides are the best ! my daughter is at suny geneso ! my son just went back to school also at Morrisville. House is empty !
sledding time for dad and we just got snow

Rich

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GSX800HO said:
Family rides are the best ! my daughter is at suny geneso ! my son just went back to school also at Morrisville. House is empty !
sledding time for dad and we just got snow

Rich
[snapback]280847[/snapback]​
Rich,
Hope ya have at least a friend to ride with.. I have been out riding alone and its not a lot of fun. Load up the sleds and come see your daughter and ride out from Letchworth. Its only about 10 mins from campus. Lots of nice trails.

I was just thinking about all the memories when we rode yesterday due to the fact that we rode some familiar trails.. It is so freaking expensive now to ride as a family but soon my boys will be off to college so I will gladly spend the money now.. I always lead our rides but yesterday I let my oldest son lead and he did a great job. Always waited for everyone, and checked with me at intersections if he was unsure of which way to go.. Can't wait for the next ride.

Cheers,
Evel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts