Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dootalk = college student's study time
4,213 Posts
MAGNYS said:
i like all of the adjustments.
great ideas if they all stay tight and don`t start ratteling.
[snapback]719632[/snapback]​
Yeah it is nice, but like your said, if it can be adjusted it is considered a weak point in my opinion....

Ryan

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
At 575 lbs. dry and only 120HP I don't find it all that impressive. Good for the folks that want to cruise Yellowstone at a leisurely pace but not too good for much more.

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
At 575 lbs. dry and only 120HP I don't find it all that impressive. Good for the folks that want to cruise Yellowstone at a leisurely pace but not too good for much more.
very nice looking sled... but if that is the true weight (and I never saw an OEM with TRUE weights) then I could not agree more!

weight is everything in a sled and don't let the cruiser get you either... 575 lbs is way TOO heavy in the bumps but its no prize on the flat trails either! Inertia is inertia regardless of anything else and even flat trail riders have to turn...

they just don't get it! 4-strokes are TOO heavy for sleds...

I will amend the statement above, they "probably do get it" but just do not have the smarts to make compliant two-strokes !

poos new 600 is NOT emissions compliant certified for even year 06!

just make it light you can save all those adjustments they are just there to obfuscate the weight!

can anyone say DOO!

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
You can find the specs for the sled over on HCS.

The APEX proves that you can make a "heavy sled" perform. The new Cat chassis may be a winner but not with the power plant in the ZL 1100.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
More gimmicks from cat, like the seat heater that melts snow and makes you "edit for bad language" wet

·
Registered
594 Posts
Innovative ideas, no doubt. But in reality, sounds like more stuff that can break. After getting used to riding the sled in one configuration, does anyone really think you will be getting off to constantly adjust seat, windshield, handle bar and footrest position according to trail conditions? This looks like an all purpose trail sled to me. Not some trail/off trail hybrid that would benefit from all those adjustments. My thoughts are once you are used to it one way, you will leave it there 90% of the time. Although it's a nice feature if someone else uses the sled like a wife or girlfriend. Otherwise seems like a lot of adjustments that may get little use. Regardless, I like seeing AC push new ideas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts