Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be a dumb question to some but if you richen the oil-to-fuel mix (increase oil injection setting) will your mileage suffer? I have a fan-cooled sled that after a 70 mi. trip it seemed as tho hardly any oil was consumed. The dealer said they don't use "alot" of oil anyway but he none-the-less increased the injection ratio - probably to make me feel better? But now what was a sled that got great mileage is worse than my other two liquid sleds, including a 700 triple. I changed the plugs but the old ones did not appear fouled to me. Should I have the ratio put back to factory setting?

Much appreciation for any help!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Doo dealer who adjusted it is now out of business. If I want to put it back to factory setting, i.e. use less injection oil and see if my mileage returns to what it was, do I move the screw in or out? (towards or away from the throttle or other reference point) Anyone know what the factory spec is - i.e. X number of threads or mm from pt. A to pt. B? Seems like it should be easy enough to adjust if I can verify which direction and how far to go - safely of course.
Thanks in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts