369 Posts
http://revelsuspensionstore.com/products/sc-5-u-rear-shocks

http://revelsuspensionstore.com/products/skandic-xu-front-shocks

http://revelsuspensionstore.com/products/skandic-wt-swt-front-spring

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

After installing the Revel front springs last spring I thought, "Scott/Revel should do an aftermarket front shock." Well, he did, so I put myself on the wait list. Then I thought, "screw it, I'm busting a move on the entire package."

I like my Skandic so much and she's so capable already and the Revel front springs were such an improvement I took a leap of faith. This faith was also based upon my interactions with Scott, who is Revel Suspension.

He makes a great product, he's great to deal with, no b.s., responsive to questions, etc.

I think the price is reasonable considering the quality of the components + the limited market he is serving. I am so grateful he was willing to put so much time and energy into this process. He took a huge leap of faith. He succeeded.

I am so very pleased with the entire set up. Everything about the sled is better. Stability, handling, climbing, bump absorption. The ability to adjust the rebound compression in the field via the orange knob is a feature I use often, as it noticeably alters the ride depending upon conditions and weight load.

I've never upgraded a vehicle's suspension. I tend to leave things stock. Purchasing the Revel package was a bit of a what-the-heck decision. Great decision. Would do it again tomorrow knowing what I know now.

Installed this myself. Not complicated. Took me a day.

Plus, having a full aftermarket high performance suspension on a 700 lb, 60 hp utility sled is so stealthy cool.

I Love my Little Yellow Beast.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Cool stuff.

I'd love to upgrade my shocks. I really miss the adjustability, and though I don't ride my Expedition really hard, there are certain conditions when I find myself bottoming the suspension, especially the rear shock, fairly often.

That said, I can't see coming up with the money for the whole package. Yikes, that's some coin.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
Doing mine in stages. Got the front end done with Scott's shocks and springs on the SWT, and KYB Pro 40's on the Expy. Perhaps this summer I'll be able to pony up for some rear components. Wishful thinking probably, but I'd like to find a better adjustable version of the rear air shock for the Expy, I like having the adjustable preload feature, but the rebound is lame when you turn up the preload.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Just call or email Scott, he'll tell you no prob.
I emailed looking for some prices. I didn't like the way I was bottoming out on those drifts on the lake saturday, there's a certain shape of bump that the sled doesn't handle well, so I'd start with a rear shock. Then the ski shocks, and finally the center shock.

I can't imagine I'll get around to doing all four, but you never know.

I've always envied guys who could just pony up and spend the cash on mods they want, but I've never been that kind of guy. :(

·
7,709 Posts
I emailed looking for some prices. I didn't like the way I was bottoming out on those drifts on the lake saturday, there's a certain shape of bump that the sled doesn't handle well, so I'd start with a rear shock. Then the ski shocks, and finally the center shock.

I've always envied guys who could just pony up and spend the cash on mods they want, but I've never been that kind of guy. :(
Honestly, I'd do the center shock first (it's where you ride on the XU chassis), rear, then fronts.

·
Super Moderator
2,665 Posts
I have the Expedition, not the Skandic, so I don't have the same issues you guys have. Nothing wrong with my springs, but I would definitely like some adjustable shocks.
Worth checking in with him, Scott has some great deals on Pro 40's and 36's as well. The 40's really spruced up the ride on my Expy, and I got a pair of 36's from him for my wifes sled.

Reactions: REVEL SHOCKWORX

·
7,709 Posts
http://revelsuspensionstore.com/products/sc-5-u-rear-shocks

http://revelsuspensionstore.com/products/skandic-xu-front-shocks

http://revelsuspensionstore.com/products/skandic-wt-swt-front-spring

attachicon.gif
IMG_2551.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_2554.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_2552.jpg

attachicon.gif
IMG_2553.jpg

After installing the Revel front springs last spring I thought, "Scott/Revel should do an aftermarket front shock." Well, he did, so I put myself on the wait list. Then I thought, "screw it, I'm busting a move on the entire package."

I like my Skandic so much and she's so capable already and the Revel front springs were such an improvement I took a leap of faith. This faith was also based upon my interactions with Scott, who is Revel Suspension.

He makes a great product, he's great to deal with, no b.s., responsive to questions, etc.

I think the price is reasonable considering the quality of the components + the limited market he is serving. I am so grateful he was willing to put so much time and energy into this process. He took a huge leap of faith. He succeeded.

I am so very pleased with the entire set up. Everything about the sled is better. Stability, handling, climbing, bump absorption. The ability to adjust the rebound compression in the field via the orange knob is a feature I use often, as it noticeably alters the ride depending upon conditions and weight load.

I've never upgraded a vehicle's suspension. I tend to leave things stock. Purchasing the Revel package was a bit of a what-the-heck decision. Great decision. Would do it again tomorrow knowing what I know now.

Installed this myself. Not complicated. Took me a day.

Plus, having a full aftermarket high performance suspension on a 700 lb, 60 hp utility sled is so stealthy cool.

I Love my Little Yellow Beast.
That rear and centre is real nice. Next purchase no doubt...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I am not one of those guys. This was uncharacteristic of me. I am fairly thrifty fellow. As I said, I tend to leave my stuff stock - bicycle, motorcycle, boat, sled, whatever.

When I considered the price of the full Revel set up relative to the price of the sled,the trailer, my truck, travel, clothing, and such, I realized the cost is reasonable. I plan to ride my Skandic for a long time. It does everything I want it to do and more. It does these things well and with little fuss. It is a simple and robust piece of equipment. The full Revel package has brought a degree of refinement that I did not anticipate. It is now more than a workhorse utility sled. It is more pleasant and more capable.

It is a substantial upgrade because it replaces every suspension component with highly refined custom valved units. The only stock piece remaining is the rear torsion spring.

As LB suggests, this need not be an all or nothing proposition. For less than $200 I initially upgraded to Revel front springs a year ago based solely upon the first person accounts of those on this forum. Subsequently, Scott moved forward with the development of front shocks and rear suspension components. My happiness with the front springs plus my experience with Scott spoke to the integrity of both the developer and the product.

My satisfaction with the first product (the front springs) and the person (Scott) imbued me with the confidence to assume the rear components would be of equally high quality and performance. My expectations have been fulfilled and my trust has been rewarded.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
I can say that Revel is very good in getting back to you with a personally written e-mail and information on prices.

Unfortunately the prices on the website are in US$, and my paycheques are in Canuck Bucks. With the current exchange rates it's roughly $800 per shock, and that's not including any taxes or duties that customs would slap on it.

A shame, I'd really like to upgrade my suspension, but I think I might have to look into the HPG's and KYB's from an Extreme. It would be great to find someone doing Cain's Quest with some takes offs.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup, I agree.

I think I am so accustomed to everything being so cheap and disposable (plastic stuff manufactured overseas) that there was an initial reaction of 'whoa.... gulp....uuhhhhh.'

This is a niche market and these are highly engineered, complex things custom made of expensive materials so cost per unit will be higher than a mass produced item.

These are high end components built to perform and endure at a high level. They are serviceable/rebuldable vs a throw away sealed unit like stock. :BigSnowman

·
Registered
43 Posts
Picked my Skandic up this past weekend from the shop, full Revell suspension installed, left hand throttle from sno bungie and all the other stuff all completed. Now if Mother Nature would be kind and cooperate I may be able to ride......

And I can attest to Scott from Revel being very good at getting back to you if you have any questions.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Picked my Skandic up this past weekend from the shop, full Revell suspension installed, left hand throttle from sno bungie and all the other stuff all completed. Now if Mother Nature would be kind and cooperate I may be able to ride......

And I can attest to Scott from Revel being very good at getting back to you if you have any questions.
sweet, yo.

ours are like fraternal twins. SWT w/sno bunjie lefty throttle and WT with Goldfinger lefty and brp heavy duty rear bumper.

please post occasionally to share your experience.

had you already put some miles on it before the Revel install?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts