Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GotBoost?
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the deal falls through I might be interested. I'm curious how much lighter that sled is than my 2003.5 BM 800? Are the panels on it painted or can you buy them that color? If it's paint what type did you use so it doesn't crack? Thanks.

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts

·
GotBoost?
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm curious how much lighter that sled is than my 2003.5 BM 800? Did you change the color to blue or did the current owner?

Are you planning any trips out west this year? I thought it was you that was looking for people to go a year or 2 ago and I had talked to you about going but the dates ended up not working out for me. Thanks.

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
Wow I can't believe it didn't go through for $5K
Wish I was ready for another project sled......

The 440X would be noticably lighter than your 800 BM and the side panels are painted, like mine, at a paint shop.

·
GotBoost?
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Steve. How much would I miss my 800 over the 440 on trails in the U.P.? There's a lot of stretches where we're running 80+ for extended periods of time and all the guys I ride with are running 800cc+ engines.

·
GotBoost?
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that sled worth $5k? What about that sled with my 800 motor in it? I was considering swaping motors and keeping my sled as a second sled with the 440 in it.

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts
Yep...now you're talking.

All you need is a longer cooler (about $200) and a 6/800 fuel pump.
All the wiring on that sled and voltage regulator are all set up for the 800 motor. Plug and play so to speak.

Yes it's worth more than 5K.

Boss Seat is $450
440 race shocks are worth $1300 (used)
EGT gauge is $300
Upgraded skis
Custom Paint
ect.....

I can't believe no one has bought it yet for that price.

·
GotBoost?
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm waiting for him to email me his phone number. The ad said something about it has ceramic coated pipes or does he mean pipe and what kind? Is this the same sled in your pictures?

·
Flyin Fox Daddy X3
31,302 Posts
REV*BARON said:
Yep...now you're talking.

All you need is a longer cooler (about $200) and a 6/800 fuel pump.
All the wiring on that sled and voltage regulator are all set up for the 800 motor. Plug and play so to speak.

Yes it's worth more than 5K.

Boss Seat is $450
440 race shocks are worth $1300 (used)
EGT gauge is $300
Upgraded skis
Custom Paint
ect.....

I can't believe no one has bought it yet for that price.
[snapback]739353[/snapback]​
You and me both Chuck..... you and me both.....

IF only my wife wasn't pregnant.....
it would be in my garage.

Wicked, the stock Y-pipe and pipe are ceramic coated. I am pretty sure it still has the stock can on it. That isn't the long tracked blue sled with the eagle on the hood (aka Goin' Postal). For the long stretches in the UP a 440 would fall behind. Your 800 in that sled would be well worth it.

PS $5000 for that sled is a STEAL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts