Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today my brother and i took our sleds on a lake to find out top speed. he has a 04 zx fan and i have a 05 rev fan and both were just studded today. when we lined them up, my brother took off and was about 2 sled lengths ahead of me, but after about a hundred feet, i slowly started to gain on him and after about 1000ft i would end up about three/four sled lengths ahead of him. on my speedometer i got to a topspeed of 87mph and my brother topped out at 85. i weigh 135lbs and he is 160, but that didn't matter because when we switched sleds, he beat me with my rev. my low windshield and the rev being 10lbs lighter is probably the reason it's faster, or maybe the 05 has more power. what doo u think?

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
It's about time!

Nice to see you're having some fun...

I've had mine up to only 70 or so so far, not broke in yet and not good conditions either. Don't expect a whole lot more, got a lot of track to turn. Bet I can get you off the line though...

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Not to be a jack "edit for bad language" or anything, but why did you turn your 550 fan into a 136''? I mean, isn't that sacraficing alot of power with the fan? It needs all the power it can get i'm sure, and with the longer track, isn't she suffering? -chris

ps...i'm not offending you in anyway...

·
Ski-Doo Rider from Northern Vermont
1,167 Posts
HMMM let me see.... 3-4 sled legths??? thats an aweful lot isnt it.... also im sure that if you did get beaten when he was driving your rev it was because you let off the gas to let him go by..... hmmmm..... also are you sure hes not 175 and not 160..... and also that your sled is ten pounds lighter.... that makes all the difference in the world.... well see how you turn out next year when he has a 600.... if he gets one....

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
fandoo550 said:
HMMM let me see.... 3-4 sled legths??? thats an aweful lot isnt it.... also im sure that if you did get beaten when he was driving your rev it was because you let off the gas to let him go by..... hmmmm..... also are you sure hes not 175 and not 160..... and also that your sled is ten pounds lighter.... that makes all the difference in the world.... well see how you turn out next year when he has a 600.... if he gets one....

[snapback]276092[/snapback]​
... Uh oh! Fandoo has 'Thrown down the gauntlet' !!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
ns503 said:
If you were talking to me, it came that way. I like floatation...
[snapback]273344[/snapback]​
It would save confusion if you just called it what it is, an Expedition Fan.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fandoo550 said:

[snapback]276092[/snapback]​
lol
"let off the gas to let him go by" i don't think so..."3-4 sled lengths??? thats an awful lot isnt it" ya 3-4 at the least too... you and me fandoo on the pond tommorw night, if u want me to put extra weight on my sled, no problem...it's always gonna be the same results...lol...and if u do get a 600 next year...well...i guess im screwed...lol

·
1,167 Posts
Ya why wouldnt you let off the gas..... it would make it look like you were getting blown by.... and your sled look better.....

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fandoo550 said:
Ya why wouldnt you let off the gas..... it would make it look like you were getting blown by.... and your sled look better.....
[snapback]276457[/snapback]​
I DIDN'T

·
1,167 Posts
AND WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT

·
Registered
253 Posts
drop it a gear and you'll smoke em.

·
1,167 Posts
Ya just about as true as someone seeing Elton John thumbing through a Hustler.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts