Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 08 ski doo Adrenaline Rev xp 800 powertek short track. Gonna run a few amateur grass drag events coming up, what clutching/gearing and jetting changes should I do? Looking for a good clutch set up that will be good for the 500 ft drag strip, and probably need to gear it down? What do you suggest?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Are you running studs? and how many? 84 studs isn't enough to raise your engagement that much. If your running 126 or 168 studs then you can run 4500-5000 engagement while maintaining your peak rpm. Jetting down 1 size for every 20 degrees above your baseline. You can lower your top gear 2 teeth but remember you'll lose peak rpm so you have to compensate. Also you need to adjust the rear suspension for maximum weight transfer and also suck down the front limiters all the way so you don't have too much ski lift. More info is in the Race Manual.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im only running 84 studs, im thinking that I wont touch the gearing since I dont have that much traction, what do you suggest I use for a clutch set up

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
what mods are done to sled? what clutching is in it now? what size track and studs?

·
Registered
520 Posts
You really should drop a couple teeth on the top gear or find a mph chart and gear for about 90-95 mph. I would definitely double your stud count also. I haven't looked at ramp profiles in awhile, find some with some flatter profil, es similar to cx-1 run your clickrrs 1-3and adjust pin weight as needed full shift rpm, also try a degree steeper helix than stock. To be truly competitive, it gets much more in depth and time consuming.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The sping in the primary was a 130/320, It had 480 mains, so i jetted down to a 450. The local DOO dealer is recommending that I change the spring to a 230/320? I thought that seemed a little high. I do have a 200/380 spring that I could try, what do you think?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Don't to go too far away from your stock setup. When you start making many changes and you don't have anywhere to test the likelyhood of making quality passes goes way down.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
For not wanting to change much, your dealer recommended 230-320 spring isnt too bad. It will bring the engagement up around 4500 with stock pin weights. Should be ok with stock gearing, if you were to gear down you may not want such a high engagement til you have more studs/chisels. If you want a little more pull all around, find some 21-22gram pin weights to throw in there along with that spring

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay going to put it all together tonight.
Going with this set up:
450 mains
230/320 primary spring
21.5 gram pins
Clickers on 3?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts