Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a better project, buying a Spring Rev X package, or getting a basic Rev and putting good shocks, bars, etc... on it? I'm stuck here and need some idea into my skull.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
I have a mxz600 sdi adrenaline and had a chance toride my buddies 600x and I personally like mine better. I would buy the adr and add some fox float shocks and the rest of the accesories you like.
 

·
Just the Tip!!
Joined
·
2,504 Posts
by the X saves alot of time and u come out on top in your wallet when u by the X package.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
I would go with X i just converted my 03 Sport over with risers,shocks,windshield,handgaurds.It was pretty pricey even though Ifound a really good deal on the shocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
624 Posts
X is overall cheaper than upgrading your other sled. Plus, trade in value is quite a bit higher if you ever want to sell it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
The X package is nice, I ran into a problem when I bought the Gade cuz I was trying to decide between that and snowchecking in March an X package Gade. My dealer showed me the price of upgrading the front shock.. $1200!!!(From Doo) I took the good deal on the instock 06 Gade 800 PT, and I'll ride the shocks down until its time to get new ones and then decide which aftermarket ones to put on (and afford). I like the fixed med windshield better than the X lower one... Though I think the X has better graphics... Just my $.02...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
29,495 Posts
There was a lot of discussion on this topic earlier, and can be found HERE. The short version was an X package lists for about $750 more to begin with and retains most of its value. So, in the long run, an X is a better sled and a better value all around, although some will still not agree with that. Read up and decide for yourself. I'm still buying the X models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Dave250r said:
I have a mxz600 sdi adrenaline and had a chance toride my buddies 600x and I personally like mine better. I would buy the adr and add some fox float shocks and the rest of the accesories you like.

[snapback]702358[/snapback]​
Either you didn't ride it long enough to get used to it, or you don't ride hard. The suspension on the X is 10 times better if you ride hard, it bottoms out alot less and works better the harder you ride. The X also alows you to throw on a summit riser block which is esential if you ride fast in tight areas. Raising the bars on a standard rev gets pricey, windsheild, bars, adapter, riser block etc. I have an 04 X with a summit riser (7 inch) and once you get used to it, nothing compares. GET THE X, plus, all the other graphics pretty much suck. If you can, stay away from the 06's the changes they made were a big mistake. 05's are much better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the help, that opened my thinking a bit, guess i'll just go with the X, ride it till the shocks fall off then by after marks
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
29,495 Posts
mjbmxz said:
thanks for the help, that opened my thinking a bit, guess i'll just go with the X, ride it till the shocks fall off then by after marks
[snapback]704310[/snapback]​
The X shocks really aren't bad units, actually they're pretty good. A rebuild/revalve is sometimes needed in the beginning (I usually do it after the first 1000 miles), then you should be good to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
WaubamikRider said:
Dave250r said:
I have a mxz600 sdi adrenaline and had a chance toride my buddies 600x and I personally like mine better. I would buy the adr and add some fox float shocks and the rest of the accesories you like.

[snapback]702358[/snapback]​
Either you didn't ride it long enough to get used to it, or you don't ride hard. The suspension on the X is 10 times better if you ride hard, it bottoms out alot less and works better the harder you ride. The X also alows you to throw on a summit riser block which is esential if you ride fast in tight areas. Raising the bars on a standard rev gets pricey, windsheild, bars, adapter, riser block etc. I have an 04 X with a summit riser (7 inch) and once you get used to it, nothing compares. GET THE X, plus, all the other graphics pretty much suck. If you can, stay away from the 06's the changes they made were a big mistake. 05's are much better.
[snapback]702608[/snapback]​
what changes are you talking about wau?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
MX-Z Man said:
There was a lot of discussion on this topic earlier, and can be found HERE. The short version was an X package lists for about $750 more to begin with and retains most of its value. So, in the long run, an X is a better sled and a better value all around, although some will still not agree with that. Read up and decide for yourself. I'm still buying the X models.
[snapback]702525[/snapback]​
I wouldn't go that far.

Better shocks- yes
Better looks- yes (not that the ADR is bad)
Better resale- yes

Can't think of too many more to support your statement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
I was lucky and bought my "x" for the same price of the reg "mxz" with discount!
And in my opinion............the "x" will retain its value better. The upgrades will cost more.......for sure. If you need more up grades of suspension, sell the fronts and you will get good bucks back! You wont with the reg shocks


Besides......................BUY WHAT YOU LIKE
 

·
Big Member
Joined
·
984 Posts
If I had my time back I would not of bought the X bacause there is not much left on my sled from the X. if you were not going to do any upgrades I would go with the X because it is a better sled but depending on what you add a standard rev might be the way to go.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top