Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this seems crazy, but , original rev with original skis was just horrific, many yrs ago I switched to the C&A skis, now my problem was the handling, so hard on my arms, It did steer anywhere I wanted it and no more darting. I wanted to have a good ride with the least effort steering. So I ( after many hrs tinkering with suspension) I took off the skis, cut off 1/4 inch of the keel, put on old wear bars shortened 2 inches from stock, and What a difference!!! It worked perfectly. Still handles good, steers with a lot less effort, and keeps the corners great. I do ride mostly groomed( as well as they do) and am much happier. Hope this helps those of you with Revs with C&A's that are too much for you. Now I didn't try any other skis, just don't have the money to keep trying different skis. But again, this worked just fine for me. One guy told me, he never rode a REV that rode that good :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm assuming when you say you cut a 1/4 inch from the keel you shaved the edges front to rear?
the bottom where the carbide runners attach, it was a little over 1 inch thick, I used a band saw and guide and cut off 1/4 inch and even routed the edges with a 1/4 round off..

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
C & A's have several different profiles, I'd say you just picked the wrong one to begin with.

You ended up with what works for you and that's all that matters.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I've got a set of C&A Pro XT's from a skidoo race team. They grind one of the out keels flat and cut the outer corner off the back of the skis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts