Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I need to hear both sides. Is the Rev chassis woth the extra dough? I've been looking at getting a new sled and I think I like the 2000-2002 mxz's, but how do they compare to the newer Rev's as far as handling, power, and speed. For anywhere from $1000 or more, I could get a Rev. Is it worth it, or is this apples to oranges?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Get the Rev, it's worth the extra cash and then some. I loved my ZX but liked the Rev a whole lot more, no comparison.

·
Registered
731 Posts
After I have learned first hand that the REV is so far ahead of the ZX in every aspect I can think of, I highly recommend getting the rev over the ZX, unless it is cost prohibitive. I cant say enough good things about the rev when compairing it to ANY other design. Handling, power and speed? Handling you ask? I can honsetly estimate that I can drive 70 mph around corners that I wouldn't feel comfortable doing 60 through with a ZX. Power, speed, relabilty= get the newest REV with the biggest motor you can find. I said to myself when buying mine 3 weeks ago" I have all the models available to me and what do I want, without comprise" I ride hard and fast on good to excellent trails in Maine. I like to go far. I very rarely will need to ride 2. I like red.
I got the Red- 05 mxz adrenaline 800 ho with 1+1 seat. I installed 144 studds down the middle 1.075/ with tall protectors.
I financed it with BRP @ 4.9 for 72 mos, O down
Jim
ttt

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
How many REV owners have gotten on any old style chassis, rode around for a little while and in a matter of a mile or so thought, 'How did I ever ride these pieces of shee-yit?' I'm sure I'm going to hear, "To each his own." but to each his own sore butt and back is all I know. It is why, whenever I go by any DooDealer I see all manner of old MXZ, CK3, S2000 and other manufacturers sleds out front for sale as all the owners have traded them in for a REV chassis. It won't be long before we see alot of these old sleds in dumpsters with just the skis sticking out the tops at an angle becasue they ride so bad. I would say though, if one was a putt-putt rider who doesn't go far then get the old style/non-REV and save your money and be happy. But if one likes to ride long distances and be super comfortable then get a REV. I can hear it now, "Well some peoples knees/legs hurt on a REV," and "Not everyone can afford a REV." Well blah, dee, dee, blabbidy dah, tough luck. Love, REV.

·
Registered
429 Posts
cr500r said:
How many REV owners have gotten on any old style chassis, rode around for a little while and in a matter of a mile or so thought, 'How did I ever ride these pieces of shee-yit?' I'm sure I'm going to hear, "To each his own." but to each his own sore butt and back is all I know. It is why, whenever I go by any DooDealer I see all manner of old MXZ, CK3, S2000 and other manufacturers sleds out front for sale as all the owners have traded them in for a REV chassis. It won't be long before we see alot of these old sleds in dumpsters with just the skis sticking out the tops at an angle becasue they ride so bad. I would say though, if one was a putt-putt rider who doesn't go far then get the old style/non-REV and save your money and be happy. But if one likes to ride long distances and be super comfortable then get a REV. I can hear it now, "Well some peoples knees/legs hurt on a REV," and "Not everyone can afford a REV." Well blah, dee, dee, blabbidy dah, tough luck. Love, REV.
[snapback]287658[/snapback]​
BUY THE REV !!!!! It is worth the extra to be able to get up monday morning and go to work with out any pains

·
Registered
565 Posts
Riding a REV is like riding a dirt bike, very balanced. Compared with my previous sleds, it is a hands down winner.

Corners like a go-kart.

·
Team REED's
1,789 Posts
DOOSKIX said:
Get the Rev, it's worth the extra cash and then some. I loved my ZX but liked the Rev a whole lot more, no comparison.
[snapback]287630[/snapback]​
EXACTLY what he said!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I had a 99 mxz before I bought my 03 Rev and kept it for a backup sled. It was all done up with everything I could put on that thing to make it better. Last year I hit a stump on my rev and wiped out an a-arm. My buddies wife was along on my 99. I jumped on that thing to to ride it a little bit. It was like I had never ridden it before. It felt like a slow, heavy, uncontrollable tank. It was awful. I rode it for about 15 minutes and then gave it back to my buddies wife. Sitting was better than riding that thing. I used to love that sled. Sold it for about $500 less than what I thought it was worth.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
cheech said:
I had a 99 mxz before I bought my 03 Rev and kept it for a backup sled. It was all done up with everything I could put on that thing to make it better. Last year I hit a stump on my rev and wiped out an a-arm. My buddies wife was along on my 99. I jumped on that thing to to ride it a little bit. It was like I had never ridden it before. It felt like a slow, heavy, uncontrollable tank. It was awful. I rode it for about 15 minutes and then gave it back to my buddies wife. Sitting was better than riding that thing. I used to love that sled. Sold it for about $500 less than what I thought it was worth.
[snapback]287683[/snapback]​
I'll second all that. Had the ZX and was great at the time, bought a Rev, and wha la, no more back and arm soreness after mogels all day.
cr500r, got a good laugh outta yer post.......

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I like both. I drive an 02 MXZ 800, I'm a big guy (6'1" and 220 lbs.) and I LIKE the MXZ ride. I've driven stock REV's and REV's with risers and all I'm sure of is that it will take me a while to get used to the REV when (not if) I upgrade, and I will !

My back and shoulders never get sore, I guess I'm so used to the MXZ ride that it just feels weird when I ride someone's REV. The handling is WAAAY different, and I know I'll get used to it, but for now I LOVE my ZX sled !!

I like the ride of the REV, but the riding position really feels very foreign...

To me it's like the difference between one of those Japanese crotch rocket bikes and a Harley...both cool, but not the same.

Nothing wrong with the REV platform, but I'll be taking my time climbing on the bandwagon...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ditto XHO, I have an 01 MXZ700 and an 03 REV 800. My wife and I fight over the Rev and now she has to have one too! In the bumps the MXZ is up and down, the REV does the same but your in the middle and don't even notice. Much better ride...Go with the REV!

·
Registered
40 Posts
98proline said:
Alright, I need to hear both sides. Is the Rev chassis woth the extra dough? I've been looking at getting a new sled and I think I like the 2000-2002 mxz's, but how do they compare to the newer Rev's as far as handling, power, and speed. For anywhere from $1000 or more, I could get a Rev. Is it worth it, or is this apples to oranges?
[snapback]287615[/snapback]​
I would NEVER go back the ZX chassis after riding the REV. It is unbelievable.

Matt

·
Registered
2 Posts
midnight said:
98proline said:
I would NEVER go back the ZX chassis after riding the REV. It is unbelievable.

Matt
[snapback]288259[/snapback]​
I have an 04 500s adren. and my buddy rides an 01 mxz x 800 and he's got tons more miles on than I could dream. At new years we went for a ride and the trails were rough unequal distance mogals and I left him for dead. Take a Rev down an ungroomed bumpy trail and you will know . Ask any REV RIDER

·
Registered
3 Posts
98proline said:
Last year I purchased a zx platform sled and this year I traded for the REV. First couple miles of learning the sled and no I am more comfortable than ever. I purchased the 600HO SDI RENEGADE. No doubt in my mind that the REV is the choice to go. Different Ride, Different Style, and Different Comfort. Go to your dealer and try one out before your purchase, everyones choice is different.

Rich

·
Registered
828 Posts
I would say that its all on how you intend to ride the thing. I owned a 2001 Formula Deluxe 600 and it did everything that I wanted it to do. It had decent power, real linear and smooth, cornered ok and was quite comfortable to ride fairly long distances.
Then I bought an Adrenaline 600 and my whole riding style changed. Instead of trying to avoid bumps and ditches, I aim for em ! I've never felt so confident on a sled before. People are right, once you ride a REV, you'll never want to go back.
But if you can get a killer deal on an older ZX and just want something to ride and get into the sport. Dont underestimate em....remember....they used to snow X the things.....so whatever you Doo......get out and enjoy life and ride safe.
Wooooooooo Hooooooooooo

·
Registered
231 Posts
Screw the Rev... get an Elan...just kidding! I didnt like the rev at first, but about 5 minutes later I was in love. Ther are no bumps anymore.... Elans were pretty cool when I was a kid though...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts