Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the summer I purchased two used rev 600HO's. One is an 03 and the other is an 04. Both sleds will surge from 4800rpm to 52 to 5400rpm . They will not hold steady above 4800 without jumping on up to 5200-5400rpm. Is this normal for the 600HO? Could there be a clutch problem? Neither sled is SDI and the 04 is the worst of the two. Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
it most certaintly on NOT normal... but what seems really odd is that you have two of them and two different years???

need more info to help-

were they purchaed from the same person?

did they always do it? (since yo had them)

if not did they start at the same time?

what type of oil and mods do the sleds have/use??

?????

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Sounds like it could also be a fuel delivery problem.

Carbs get a good cleaning every season?

Change fuel filter?

Inspect/Clean Raves?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Its most certainly normal to me.The two revs i have owned(2003 300ho and 2004 500ss) are exactly like yours.I have never driven a rev that doesnt surge at that rpm.Viper, this skidoo tatooed on your dick thing is getting a little long in the tooth.People want info not brand biased bullsh&%.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I gotta agree with Twister ..

This sounds like another way to describe the infamous 600HO "bog" in that RPM range.

Easiest way to get around it? Drive at 5200RPM +

·
Registered
477 Posts
I also HAD that surging problem on my 500ss but it is history since the dealer opened up the fuel screws from 1 and 1/2 to 1 and 3/4 turns,jetted up from 360s to 370s and raised the needles one notch. I have tried to get it to sputter and surge at that RPM range but it is totally gone
Hope this helps. And as far as the hesitation/surging being normal it is NOT! It is a by product of BURP running these series 3 moters WAY to lean. Richen her up and it is gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts