Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just starting production on these mirrors that mount to the inside of the hand gaurds on REVs with the mobile W/S. They will be available in black for $40 a set or with the carbon fiber finish shown for $50 ( plus shiping). Now that I've had a chance to try them, I can say that they work as good or better than the GSX mirrors in most conditions. PM or call me on my cell @ (734)377-1367 for more info.

Andy

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
your hands don't get in the way?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
you know, if they work ok you might be able to adapt them to the acerbis gaurds too

·
Registered
410 Posts
skidoo said:
your hands don't get in the way?
[snapback]279140[/snapback]​
There's no interferance with your hands at all. Although if you are using gauntlets on your bars I don't think you'd be able see back with them unless you really leaned out, in that case the GSX mirrors would be better. I think the acerbis hand gaurds are a lot closer to the grips and wouldn't work with out changing the gaurds themselves. If there is room I'd need to design the mirrors spacificly for them to get a good fit, but it's something I'm going to look into. USI or power mad is making hand gaurds with intagreated mirrors so I'd bet acerbis isn't far behind.

Andy

·
Registered
821 Posts
claydog, if you could make them fit the GTX windshield I'd be interested in a set. They look very good, NICE JOB.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GTX-Doo said:
claydog, if you could make them fit the GTX windshield I'd be interested in a set. They look very good, NICE JOB.
[snapback]280495[/snapback]​
They'll only work on a GTX if it uses the same W/S hand gaurd as a REV and I don't think thats the case. I will double check and make sure though.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trax said:
are they adjustable ???
[snapback]281194[/snapback]​
They're convex mirrors so there is no need for adjustment. The vision angle is wide enough that even with the bars turned half way to the stop you can still see behind you. This really works good on a winding trail, just a quick glance down to check for headlamps.

·
ChiefOgemaw
1,574 Posts
I love the convex mirror idea.
Have said that doo needs to make the antlers and side panel mirrors somewhat convex as well, so it doesn't take much to see behind you or to the side as well and not have to be trying to align the mirrors to see behind you.

But, I have the short 90 degree J-hooks, will they be in the way of your hands/mirror?
Can you take a picture of one from eye height with J-hooks and someone holding the bars while sitting.

thanks

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chiefogemaw said:
I love the convex mirror idea.
Have said that doo needs to make the antlers and side panel mirrors somewhat convex as well, so it doesn't take much to see behind you or to the side as well and not have to be trying to align the mirrors to see behind you.

But, I have the short 90 degree J-hooks, will they be in the way of your hands/mirror?
Can you take a picture of one from eye height with J-hooks and someone holding the bars while sitting.

thanks
[snapback]287491[/snapback]​
I dont have hooks on my sled to check, but if you look up snirt on the snowmobilenews.com trasher fourm, he bought a set and said he needed to turn his hooks a little but they worked good for him.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey, i have a set of claydog's mirrors and i love them. i like being able to see if someone is behind me without having to crank my head around, but i don't like the appearance of antler/hood mounted mirrors. these look great. from the front you can't even tell they're there.

I like the convex design because it never goes out of adjustment from bumps, brush...

the bar hooks are in the line of sight when turned down, but next ride i'm going to angle them forward to get them out of the way. either way, moving your head a little to see around them is easier than cranking your whole body around to see behind you.

good product, nicely designed, easy to install, worth every penny. it has earned the YRB stamp of approval.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yellow rat said:
Hey, i have a set of claydog's mirrors and i love them. i like being able to see if someone is behind me without having to crank my head around, but i don't like the appearance of antler/hood mounted mirrors. these look great. from the front you can't even tell they're there.

I like the convex design because it never goes out of adjustment from bumps, brush...

the bar hooks are in the line of sight when turned down, but next ride i'm going to angle them forward to get them out of the way. either way, moving your head a little to see around them is easier than cranking your whole body around to see behind you.

good product, nicely designed, easy to install, worth every penny. it has earned the YRB stamp of approval.
[snapback]295218[/snapback]​
Thanks Jason

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
i saw these mirrors in michigan on his sled they looked great if i didnt have haudgaurds i would buy a set and if my dad keeps having probs with hiis factory mirrors i will definatly get a set for him

ttt for you claydog

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SnoracerX said:
i saw these mirrors in michigan on his sled they looked great if i didnt have haudgaurds i would buy a set and if my dad keeps having probs with hiis factory mirrors i will definatly get a set for him

ttt for you claydog
[snapback]305952[/snapback]​
Thanks SnoracerX

1 - 20 of 47 Posts