Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
The skid plate should have the holes drilled in it already. Use the rivet kit from ski doo. Have a friend hold the skid plate in place while you drill the holes in the tub. Start from the back and work your way to the front. You will need to use the washers on the plastic inside the belly, but on the bottom of the sled under the engine you don't need the washers just use a 3/16" drill bit and rivet the skid plate in place. You will need someone to hold the washers in place for the front two rivets at the top of the skid plate because of the exhaust pipe being in the way. I just installed mine last week and I got it done pretty fast with the help of a friend.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Magnum600SDI said:
I'm wondering if stainless bolts and lock nuts would be better for the reachable areas and rivits for the bottom.
[snapback]690454[/snapback]​
THE BOLT KIT IS GREAT IF YOU'RE TAKING THE SKID OFF REGULAR, BUT JUST ABOUT EVERYONE I WORK AROUND USES THE RIVET KIT.
THE DOO P/N 861783600 , BOMBY ACCESSORY CAT 06 PAGE 73 5.47USD, 6.97 CAD. GOOD RIDING.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

DOO-RA said:
Magnum600SDI said:
I'm wondering if stainless bolts and lock nuts would be better for the reachable areas and rivits for the bottom.
[snapback]690454[/snapback]​
THE BOLT KIT IS GREAT IF YOU'RE TAKING THE SKID OFF REGULAR, BUT JUST ABOUT EVERYONE I WORK AROUND USES THE RIVET KIT.
THE DOO P/N 861783600 , BOMBY ACCESSORY CAT 06 PAGE 73 5.47USD, 6.97 CAD. GOOD RIDING.

[snapback]690474[/snapback]​

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.