Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I need to get the tank/seat seam finished to fit A-1, and the filler panels between seat and gas tank.
I'm wondering if I should continue the filler panel with the yellow from the seat, and also if I should paint the rear trunk base black.
Some people told me there is too much yellow in the back.
The riding position of this seat is awesome, about 2 inches higher and a little forward of the stock seat. I moved the bars up and forward accordingly, and handling is a bit more tippy if not leaning into the corner. Handling is AWESOME when you get off the seat and hang into the corner.

Tell me what you think

·
free candy
2,444 Posts
wow...that's nice

your a "edit for bad language" because now i am going to be combing ebay to complete the rev seat on a s-2000 conversion

do you think you have enough room to add a rack and the gas jerry can to the back?

also.. what is the distance from the top of the tunnel to the top of the seat?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Rides great, a little tippy riding straight up, but carves when you put some english in it. It seems that this seat has a better range of motion, forward for weight on the skis, rear for accel., and it is a little narrower, so you can hang off and roost like Blair.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Looks awesome, I'm surprised this hasn't been done before (at least I haven't seen it before), good idea! I agree it may be too much yellow at the back. Black would look better and be less gaudy (if that's a word) looking. How much work was it to make it fit? That is, to fill in the joint between the tank and seat front, although by the sound of it you still need to do that. It looks good the way it is though, fit wise, just paint the rear black.

I presume you could now add the 1+1 seating if you wanted, and the molded gas jerry can that can fit back there.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
I would keep the 'diagonal' yellow strip there, the one that says Bombardier on it in black letters. Just the rear portion should be black (under the rear of the seat and maybe a bit on the sides to just under the Bombardier lettering if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Somebody please tell my friends it looks OK, cuz all I get is crap when I want to do something out of the mainstream.

Actually, are those really friends if they do that?
I dunno, kind of confused, really.

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
rehm70 said:
Somebody please tell my friends it looks OK, cuz all I get is crap when I want to do something out of the mainstream.

Actually, are those really friends if they do that?
I dunno, kind of confused, really.
[snapback]733129[/snapback]​
I think it's jealousy.
Just changing the rear plastic from yellow to black would make it look even nicer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks good, I would say change the yellow to, but definately looks good...I like the space it gives behind the seat.

G

·
i think it looks sweet myself. nice job!!! hmm wondering if i can get a all black rev seat,...and blk plastic ? what year is that seat from,....how was the install? was it pricy?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mxz700r said:
i think it looks sweet myself. nice job!!! hmm wondering if i can get a all black rev seat,...and blk plastic ? what year is that seat from,....how was the install? was it pricy?

[snapback]733574[/snapback]​
Not too pricey, see what you can find used. MRPROSTOCK on ebay has an all black seat for sale.
install wasn't too bad either

·
Registered
82 Posts
It looks awesome. I am suprised that I haven't seen that yet. I agree with everyone saying that there is too much yellow in the rear. Another easy fix that I saw that you can do is.......that you have two rear reflexors on each side. I would say to take of the REV reflexors. Otherwise it looks awesome.

·
Made Member
2,042 Posts
Looks Awsome!!

darn you for posting it, now I have to have one! j/k

If I can find a 440 seat for cheaper than a Boss, it's a done deal.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I think that seat looks awesome, Really unique!! I think the ppl who dont like are just "edit for bad language" cause they didnt think of it first lol

1 - 20 of 90 Posts