Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Here's the situation. I have a friend looking at getting a Doo with me. Coming from a boosted 1000 cc Yamaha he is really interested in getting the 1000 SDI, most likely in the Mach. His plans would be to stretch it to a 136 or 144. He will be doing a fair amount of off trail and powerline riding in the UP. I am just not sold that the Mach is the answer. From what I have read seems that the REV would be a better chassis than the RT for pounding the sled around. I have been pushing him towards a Renegade. However, I can't find what the actual differences are between the Mach chassis and the MXZ. Is there much of a difference between the RT and REV???

That leads me to the next question. If he decides to do the MXZ...which is the better engine, the 800 or 1000? Looking for performance but also reliability. This guy bleeds blue and as most people know Yamaha's have some seriously good engines. I want his first Doo to be a good experience! Especially since I am the one that talked him into it!

Any and all input is appreciated!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
1000 only comes in an rt chassis as a summit,renagade or mach ! rt chassis uses the same tunnel diffrent bulkhead an nun an is a porker ! lol i own both an the 1000 is definatly faster an more powerfully an is way better on fuel than most any 800 heck its even better on fuel than most 600's ! but it has lots of little issues

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1000 only comes in an rt chassis as a summit,renagade or mach ! rt chassis uses the same tunnel diffrent bulkhead an nun an is a porker ! lol i own both an the 1000 is definatly faster an more powerfully an is way better on fuel than most any 800 heck its even better on fuel than most 600's ! but it has lots of little issues
Ok So ALL Renegades are the RT chassis? Would you recommend the 1000 or do the 800?

·
Registered
398 Posts
sorry no what i meant was any sled with the 1000 in it is an rt chassis ! as for the 1000 its a love hate thing,i love mine but you read so many horror stories about these motors being time bombs just waiting to let go its allways in the back of your mind ! would i get another one ? yup ! its a little porky on the trails but when u get to the lake or a river an mash the throttle the eraves will open up the motor will change tone an come alive an just keep pulling ! if your buddy is not mechanicaly inclined i would not recomend one tho !

·
Registered
171 Posts
sorry no what i meant was any sled with the 1000 in it is an rt chassis ! as for the 1000 its a love hate thing,i love mine but you read so many horror stories about these motors being time bombs just waiting to let go its allways in the back of your mind ! would i get another one ? yup ! its a little porky on the trails but when u get to the lake or a river an mash the throttle the eraves will open up the motor will change tone an come alive an just keep pulling ! if your buddy is not mechanicaly inclined i would not recomend one tho !
X2... A clutched and geared 800 is a blast and probably is the wiser choice IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts