Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a problem, while riding in the cold the engine suddenly refuses to go past 6000 rpm but runs and starts as normal below..
Tried it the next day in warmer weather with the rear jacked up, and got 8000-8500 as normal. But after a few minutes suddenly the same happened again. No more than 6000. There were no misfiring, the engine just wouldnt rev more, just like som kind of rev limiter. Got stator fixed last year after totally dead spark.

What could be wrong ?

·
Registered
592 Posts
whats your compression? 8-8500 is not normal pegged with it jacked up you should be over reving without a problem if you have it jacked up not saying over reving is good but if you peg it and it only revs to 8500 thats not normal

·
Registered
32 Posts
jamesfIII800 said:
whats your compression? 8-8500 is not normal pegged with it jacked up you should be over reving without a problem if you have it jacked up not saying over reving is good but if you peg it and it only revs to 8500 thats not normal
[snapback]706587[/snapback]​
I just meant that I could reach 8500 without problems. I don't keep WOT when revs pass 8500 to stop overrevving it. But suddenly it can go down to 6000, and WOT does not help. So it is not a constant situation.

By the way.. new spark plugs fixed the problem, but the old ones were not old. Let's see how long it lasts...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.