Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just wondering the life expectancy of a rev. Assuming no major maintenance, just jump on and ride. I currently have 1200 miles on a new sled, and wondering what to expect in the future. Wondering when springs/shocks need rebuilt, motor is tired, clutches....you name it. There has got to be a balance of when resale value is still high and before you are hit with reliability issues. Thanks for your opinion.

·
Crazy Person
5,618 Posts
Different parts last different lengths of time. The sled as a whole, I would say you can get 300 hours of driving out of it before there's several worn out parts either needing replacing or rebuilding. That's based on me asking the same thing as you to many people over the past couple of years cause I'm a high mileage rider.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Mechanically
I'm up to 3400 miles
So far so good
Have the dealer check it periodically
I doo but I'm more confident with their experience
Last check at dealer 2800 miles
Adjusted clutches, an idler wheel plastic cap
Seem to have an idle problem developing
It will idle but doesn't want to get there on it's own
After riding, runs around 2800
Heard someone on here mention feathering the choke to bring it down
It works but I'm doo for another checkup

·
Certifiable Sledhead and Cybertruck Reservation Ho
4,444 Posts
I have 5500 miles on mine so far with no actual failures. I had a belt grenade and eat the pto crank seal last spring. I put new rings in her while she was apart (they were pretty much toast). After this season I'll likely doo the top end again (with cudneys I think). I generally don't trade up until somewhere around 10000 miles

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I've got 3,500 on my 04 500SS ADR. Have not had a single issue. Replaced the belt at 2,800, did the sliders at 3,100, and the carbides at 2,400. Sled starts right up, cold, hot, whenever, and all the power I remember when new/broken in is still there.

I did ride my buddies new/350 mile Adrenaline/SC10-III and his rear end felt way smoother than mine/identical preload setting, so I think I'm due for some new shocks out back. I do grease my rear end every 500 miles or so. Other than that it has been the epitome of reliable.

·
Registered
619 Posts
why does the poll stop at 3500? I would be dissapointed if I needed work after 1 season. 4400 miles and still runs good,I just cleaned my clutches and now Im overreving so I have to set clickers back to 3 but other than that and a worn belt Im good still.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Of course it depends on how much care is taken while riding as to how long it will last without much problems or major problems. I ride mine for all it's worth and this year because of low snow conditions it is takening alot of abuse, but with over 2500 miles so far it is working well. The only real problem has been the secondary not working correctly, but it is still rideable, just not as snappy as it should be. I think if you were good to it, it would run 10,000 miles pretty easy without any major problems. For my record, I have put on 7100 miles combined on this years sled and last years with no major failures, actually, never towed home. And you could add another 1500 for last year, I had a sled burn, yes major problem , but more a fluke than anything else.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.