1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member question:

I just switched over to the Doo team and I am very impressed with the 800 Rev's
power and instant throttle response. However, on hard pack conditions the sled
seems really hard to control and maneuver. Do I have the suspension setup wrong, or do I need a set of aftermarket skiis?

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
I don't think summits have the precision ski's? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you should maybe look into some MODS or Simmons...They are by far the best all around ski's in my opinion. MODS are very good for powder...Don't know about trails, but Simmons makes a very good all around ski!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
mxzeatr said:
I don't think summits have the precision ski's? Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you should maybe look into some MODS or Simmons...They are by far the best all around ski's in my opinion. MODS are very good for powder...Don't know about trails, but Simmons makes a very good all around ski!
[snapback]732089[/snapback]​
i think your right. i guess i should look at what sled he was talking about.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If its realt an 04" with the stock skis then it would have "precisions", which handle like crap
and will even leave you sore and tired at the end of the day. My personal fav is the simons, you can litteraly ride down the trail one handed
and they are a bit more narrow than the stock ones so it make it better for carving, at least IMO.
Turbo

Oh yah welcome to the board

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I've got the stock skis on my 04 800REV 151. I could not believe how bad they were on the trail.
Then I read a post about toe in - toe out. Mine were set wrong. the skis MUST be set with a minimum of 1/2" toe out.
Now it is a totally different sled, skis work great. Don't waste your money on after market skis.
One advise I have on the stock skis is they really are a goofy design at the tip. When you get into a trench and have to boot it, those damm points will bit into the side walls in the trench and make life a b!tch, so watch for that. Keep your head up and don't over steer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YamaDooPolCat said:
I've got the stock skis on my 04 800REV 151. I could not believe how bad they were on the trail.
Then I read a post about toe in - toe out. Mine were set wrong. the skis MUST be set with a minimum of 1/2" toe out.
Now it is a totally different sled, skis work great. Don't waste your money on after market skis.
One advise I have on the stock skis is they really are a goofy design at the tip. When you get into a trench and have to boot it, those damm points will bit into the side walls in the trench and make life a b!tch, so watch for that. Keep your head up and don't over steer.
[snapback]732489[/snapback]​
Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
The 04s had the crappy mountain skis. I always thought they were ok, until I tried the new Pilots on my 06. With a longer track it handles better with the Pilots then the shorter track and the mountain skis.

I would look into the Pilots or the Slydog Powder Hounds.

·
Registered
161 Posts
WELCOME NEWTODOO05, TRY THE NEW PILOTS 6.9 , USE THEM ON MY 06 SUMMIT 600, AND ARE GREAT, NO DARTING AND HANDLE GREAT ON THE CORNERS AS WELL. PRICE AROUND 400 CDN. FUNDS. SEEM TO WORK PRETTY WELL IN THE POWDER AS WELL
GOOD RIDING,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DOO-RA said:
WELCOME NEWTODOO05, TRY THE NEW PILOTS 6.9 , USE THEM ON MY 06 SUMMIT 600, AND ARE GREAT, NO DARTING AND HANDLE GREAT ON THE CORNERS AS WELL. PRICE AROUND 400 CDN. FUNDS. SEEM TO WORK PRETTY WELL IN THE POWDER AS WELL
GOOD RIDING,

[snapback]733361[/snapback]​
Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
farmerinak said:
Todd, lets check the toe on R sleds we have a killer alignment rack at the shop

[snapback]733853[/snapback]​
That's probably the first thing to do although AMD was suppose to check mine
when I took it in for the 300 mile check. I think I will try Tommy's Pilots and
see how they are compared to mine and if I like them, I can buy his at alot less
$ than new.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.