Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a fix for that POS plastic glow in the dark fuel gauge on the revs? $9000 sled with a 99 cent fuel gauge! Shame on BRP. How about the electric gauge does it work?

·
Registered
888 Posts
I to hate the fuel gauge but heard the electronic isn't a fix. All I heard it to go based on your trip meter. Thats what I heard based on the design of the fuel tank. I guess like me you will be guessing as well. I just fill up at every gass station I come to, good luck.

·
Registered
453 Posts
This is my fix, just pop the side pannel and I know exacly how much gas is left. I added some colored zap straps indicating 1-3-5 and 7 gal. Total cost was less than 10$ (2 grommets and some gas line). No leaks after 800 k's and i dont ride it easy either, actually i had a lot of fun a month ago in a dirtbike track

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
That's interesting now. Brings back memories of my '80 Blizzard. Some bad ones, too. That thing sprung leaks more than once. Would be a simple and cheap fix though.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
we have it figured that the guage is out by 1/4 tank. so when its on E its at 1/4. the electric guage on the mach is the same way. goes from F to 3/4 in 12 miles!!! we usually just go by the odometer. about 95-100 cross country miles to a tank.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The clear gas tank is the only way to know exactly how much fuel you have left. I think they sell for $250 Can, $160 US. The only way to go IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts