Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I was riding my 06 800 yesterday when I come to a stop the motor idled down like the belt was to tight. Like the motor was under a strain to point of stalling . I took belt off and it still did it so I turned idle up and it seemed fine. I thought maybe idle backed out some how . I continued to ride and on my way home the engine light tripped with no beeps. I looked at all connections didn't see any thing . I noticed one of my plug boots were Loose so I squeezed the metal tang in boot to tighten it and put a new set of plugs in. It ran great but still had check engine light . I made it home no issues. I checked compression and had 145 in each cylinder . I was going to run it up to a shop in my area in morning to hook it to buds and see why the light was on. I started sled to put it in trailer I let it idle for like 10 minutes while I hooked up trailer . I moved sled into drive shut it off and started it back up. I needed to back up a bit so I hit reverse and it stalled so I started it back up. it ran for like 5 second I heard a pretty nasty rattle sound it stalled and it's locked up tight . I'm thinking crank let go??? God this is getting old . I just put Iso in crank last season along with seals and top end was fresh with like 250 miles on it . I've seen power valves hit piston in the 600s guess I'll find out tomorrow when I tear it down . Fun Fun ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definetly will post pics . I've about had it trying to keep this motor running . I sold a really nice Mach RT that ran real good because I was afraid of getting into situations like I've been in with this sled . At least most of the parts are reasonable .

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well just as I thought crank bearing raised its ugly head motor is totaled blew a hole in bottom of case took out pto piston and head . Not sure what I'm gonna do with this thing pretty much over it for now .
74ea3f64f4c91a73d7643d5f9eb2fc50.jpg

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Not sure where your from.. But I know of a nice 1200x for a good price ???? No need to worry about engine failures..

That sux about your sled. I too had gone through so many Pistons/cylinders/cranks on 2 stroke doos.. Since then I've logged 19000 miles with no engine failures

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah it was a crank shop ported top end I put a remanded crank in last year seals and isoflex. I through a belt last weekend didn't seem to hurt the pto seal but I think it may of messed up the crank run out and tore it self apart . The top end only had maybe 150 miles the crank was probably around 800 .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts