Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 05 600 H.O. this year. I was wondering what the purpose for the bulky clutch guard is all about. Is the plastic enclosure supposed to keep heat off the panels? Seems to me that it traps the heat on the clutches? I noticed on some pics that the plastic was removed. Just wondering what the deal was, if it was good or bad and what your opinions were, thanks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
That's lawyer plastic. I think it is being removed to cool the clutches and make the belts last longer. I took it off. My engine is a bit dirtier, though.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I asked about this a while ago. I removed it along with almost everyone else.

It is to keep the noise down and keep you from putting your hand in there and getting hurt.

They also trap in the heat.

Remove it!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Rev800, glad to see Im not the only one who thought this was odd. Anymore opinions?????

·
BRP Product Tester
1,048 Posts
2004mxzxrev said:
took mine off, also took the windage plate off the secondary but havent had a chance to ride it yet.
[snapback]263675[/snapback]​
Same here!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
i took mine off even before i ever rode it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
IMHO it doesnt help anything but beltdust,which gets everywhere anyway.i removed mine and threw it in a box of other junk that came off my rev.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i took mine off also it isnt much louder with it off, seems rather pointless to even put it on there, but what can u do

·
Registered
9,890 Posts
I thought this was wierd too, coming from Polaris. But, I assumed it was there to keep snow out so the cluthes wouldn't slip. The 03's didn't have this did they? I haven't looked at it lately, so how do you remove it?? Is it riveted in place or what??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts