Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, as of right now, I own a 2002 MXZ 600 zx chassis, and I am thinking about getting a REV. I have heard from alot of people, that the REV's are not comfortable for tall guys.

My question is... If any of you guys are around 6'5" and ride a REV, reply back and let me know how it is to ride, as far as being able to sit back and relax while riding smooth trails or are you always in race style position?

Thanks for your info.

·
Doo Rider
3,170 Posts
the REVs are alot more comfy than theZX chassis thats for sure....I am 6'2 and like the REV, but I also hear the RT chassis has more room again. Have not tried and RT yet.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'll echo what doo rider said.

I'm 6'3" and 200 lbs., with long legs (and "old" knees), and I'm perfectly comfortable on the REV...don't find it cramped at all. I much prefer it to the ZX chassis. If you find it too tight, as suggested, try the RT (Mach or 'Gade 1000) to see if that suits you better.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I also am 6'2" and found my REV very comfortable with long legs. I had to put an X package riser and bars on tho so the bars clear my knees when I turn, made it much more enjoyable to ride, I did try an RT Mach Z the other day and thought it had more room than a REV but I didn't want the Bigger motor so I got the 800 Gade

·
Registered
594 Posts
I also own a 2002 MXZ 600 which I rode for three years and loved as it was very good to me. I am also a big guy 6'3 in the upper 200's. After getting a 2006 REV at the start of this season, I can say I will never go back to a sit down style sled again. The difference between your ZX and a REV frame is the same difference of sitting on a chair versus sitting on a horse. You straddle the REV, not sit down in it like the ZX. I find the REV to be very comfortable as the higher, more open sitting position means you are less squashed down in a closed sitting position. And you don't have to heave yourself up off the seat when you see a deep hole coming. I do not see this as a race style position at all. To date, I have roughly 1,400 miles on my new 800 HO Gade since December of this year and have had no complaints of being sore or having cramped legs. The REV is easily the best sled I have ever ridden.

Here are my sleds.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
you may want to consider a renegade for the extra tunnel length only reason my old man runs renegades he loves them.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the input. I am about 6'6" and I have a 4" riser on my ZX. I am comfortable on mine as it sits now. So I should really love the Rev.

I hav not tried the RT chassis yet, I don't know if I need or want to pay that kind of money for those sleds.

I am thinking about going with a MXZ X 600 REV. Is the Gade seat longer than the X package seat???

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
What is the best foir the money???

I do a lilttle bit of jumping, I mean the most I got in the air was maybe 8 feet high, so... should I go with...

1) The adrenaline package REV?
2) The X package REV.

And like i said I do not jump vey aften at all... mostly just pound trails.

Do they both have the reverse option?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I own a 2006 Adrenaline 600ho, I switched with my buddy last w/end, he has a 2006 X package 600ho SDI. I loved his sled! Well worth the extra money spent for the X, SDI.

·
Registered
46 Posts
6'5" 280. I bought a 2003 MXZ800 sport all stock. No comparison to anything else I've ever ridden. You can ride all day and still want to ride all night. The big difference for me was the ease of standing when needed. On any conventional sled, as long as my legs are, after 100 miles of riding and getting off the seat when neccesary, you're exhausted. On a REV you will be a better driver, you can't help it. They say it takes some getting used to. Even the dealer told me you have to relearn how to ride. It took all of about 5 minutes to know I loved it. I'll never own anything else. I rode my Dad's Polaris home from the dealer when he bought a 2002 MXZ550F last weekend and hated every minute of it.

Take the plunge! I promise you will love it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm 6'4" 260 lbs And have a 600 Sport I found if ya put a 2" riser and use the stock bars that it's way more comfy.
The bars don't hit my knee's anymore and I can stand up easier.
But I also had to put on some Powermadd handguards with the Rox mounts and a Cobra midsize windscreen.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks a million for all your input. Every little bit helped me out alot about what to buy. I am still wondering about the Adrenaline package vs. the X package. Not so sure I want to spend the money, being that the shock are very similar besides the reservoir, although my buddy has an 02 MXZ X 600 and I ride a MXZ trail. I rode his and could not believe the difference between the 2.

I need to ride and Adrenaline and X and go from there.

Happy powder hunting.

That's my cruiser right now.

View attachment 49723

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree with what everyone else has said. I am 6'3" and low 200's and I found riding the Rev to be much superior to the old ZX chassis. I do need to raise my handlebars only because when standing your knee can hit the throttle (leads to trouble). I have the adrenaline package and have been very happy however if money were no object I would be riding an X

·
Registered
343 Posts
Bueller67 said:
I also own a 2002 MXZ 600 which I rode for three years and loved as it was very good to me. I am also a big guy 6'3 in the upper 200's. After getting a 2006 REV at the start of this season, I can say I will never go back to a sit down style sled again. The difference between your ZX and a REV frame is the same difference of sitting on a chair versus sitting on a horse. You straddle the REV, not sit down in it like the ZX. I find the REV to be very comfortable as the higher, more open sitting position means you are less squashed down in a closed sitting position. And you don't have to heave yourself up off the seat when you see a deep hole coming. I do not see this as a race style position at all. To date, I have roughly 1,400 miles on my new 800 HO Gade since December of this year and have had no complaints of being sore or having cramped legs. The REV is easily the best sled I have ever ridden.

Here are my sleds.
[snapback]741071[/snapback]​
This is the best description I've ever read about the differences between the Rev and ZX chassis. You feel so natural on the Rev. On bumpy ground the sled just kind of works around you, and you aren't even bothered by it. Standing up for a hole or bad spot is just a half-movement, not a whole big deal heaving yourself up like on the ZX. It feels so good you just don't want to get off it.

The Rev chassis is just the t*ts and the reason why we forgive all the other problems. I can hardly stand to sit on an ZX anymore, consequently, my backup sled is up for sale.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a 03.5 600 ho and last ride I had a chance to ride a 04 600 renagade and 06 800 renagade, both were x package. I am 6'2" 260 and I liked the seat on the X renagades much better than mine, It was higher and firmer. My legs felt less cramped up. So much that my seat is getting more foam put in it. The 06 renagade 800 poweretek is the sheit!!!! I thought it would be faster on top end, but that may be a matter of changing gears. IMO I would buy a 800 powertek X Package renagade.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Ski-Doo02 said:
Hello, as of right now, I own a 2002 MXZ 600 zx chassis, and I am thinking about getting a REV. I have heard from alot of people, that the REV's are not comfortable for tall guys.

My question is... If any of you guys are around 6'5" and ride a REV, reply back and let me know how it is to ride, as far as being able to sit back and relax while riding smooth trails or are you always in race style position?

Thanks for your info.
[snapback]740853[/snapback]​
I am just under 6'5" and have a 600 SDI 'gade and I love it, first trip with it was
930 miles in 4 days. No problem, not sore or fatigued in any way. Last year rode a T-cat for 725 miles and it took 4-6 weeks for the pain in my knees to finally go away. Also had no problems with banging my knees on the fuel tank either.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
im 6 foot 2 and i luv it. feels more comfortable. A rev needs to be driven atleast a day or few hours. you cant hop on and judge it. try it and youll UNLEASH your cheque book to BOMBARDIER

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm 6'2" and i have pleny of leg room on my rev. One thing I noticed is that on my old zx chassi my knee would hurt on the first couple of rides of the season until I got back into riding shape if that makes any sense. With my Rev I never get aching knees anymore. So is there any difference between the two? Hell yeah huge difference

1 - 20 of 20 Posts