Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering peoples opinion on the Gas Gauge on the REV chassis. I know mine is absolutly useless. I have over 600 miles on the new 06 and its still not working at all.. I ran out of gas the other day and the sled bogged. I figured it was fouled plugs so i changed the plugs and did everything. The gas hand was showing half a tank even after beating the sled around so why would i think it was out of gas??? I hate how unreliable it is. I think after spending 13000 dollars on a skidoo the gas gauge should at least work properly. A dodge SX 2.0 is around the same price as a new rev. I dont think Dodge would be alowd to sell a car with a gas gauge that doesnt work propely so why are Bombardier allowed too?? I think they should come standard with an electronic gauge or at least a working mechanical one. I wonder if we complain enough will they start giving the people whos gauges dont work an Electric one?? and start coming standard with electronic from the factory??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
Just about everbody else on this site had a problem with the guage, mine doesn't seem as bad as yours though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
this has been talked about here so many times that I will keep this short... keep track of your milage after you fill up, your sled should safely go 125mls per tank. you will figure out how far you can go just keep track of what kind of milage you are getting. over the past 4 seasons I have rode over 11,000 miles on two different revs and have never run out. Wow that wasn't so short after all Sorry

but yes your right it should work
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
renegade8 said:
this has been talked about here so many times that I will keep this short... keep track of your milage after you fill up, your sled should safely go 125mls per tank. you will figure out how far you can go just keep track of what kind of milage you are getting. over the past 4 seasons I have rode over 11,000 miles on two different revs and have never run out. Wow that wasn't so short after all Sorry

but yes your right it should work

[snapback]747925[/snapback]​
I would say more like 90-100 safelyas a starting point.
 

·
ITs WINTER!
Joined
·
7,497 Posts
Wow, another gas gauge thread...

Yes their junk, keep track of mileage or when the gauge stops bobbing around you know its time to find fuel.

 

·
Wasting money wisely
Joined
·
1,632 Posts

·
ITs WINTER!
Joined
·
7,497 Posts
Treebasher said:
Maybe the gauge is actually broken.

Broken gauge
[snapback]747938[/snapback]​
They come pre-broken from factory...
 

·
ITs WINTER!
Joined
·
7,497 Posts
500ss man said:
Electric gauge!!!

[snapback]747946[/snapback]​
Better than the stocker but for the money still not very accurate and not worth the cost IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
I hope that was $13,000 CDN, or you sure as heck should have got a electric gas gauge and gas for a year! Mine reads empty after 60 or 70 miles. Track mileage, it's the best way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Fortunately every one I ride with don't own sdi sleds and I never need gas until after they do. So I use their consumption as my gas guage. Mine is so pitiful the only thing it does well is glow at night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
After 3 or 4 rides, who doesn't know when to put gas in their sled.


I paid 9600 for that same guage, and I ain't bitchin! Go ride!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
06MXZXRenegade800 said:
Treebasher said:
Maybe the gauge is actually broken.

Broken gauge
[snapback]747938[/snapback]​
They come pre-broken from factory...
[snapback]747943[/snapback]​
Holy S&^T was that funny, I dam near "edit for bad language" myself! Hell my brand new 600 mile SDI shows full all the time and I like it that way. Great way to mess with your buddies to show them how great the gas mileage is on the SDI'S! I personally have sold 3 new Doo's all because of a broken gas gauge!!


Hay ZEN nice pic where did you find that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
477 Posts
My gauge is stuck solid at half a tank. Been that way since day one. Never had it fixed under warr. cause all they will do is replace crap with crap.
 

·
RIP Old 600
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
Ripcord said:
My gauge is stuck solid at half a tank. Been that way since day one. Never had it fixed under warr. cause all they will do is replace crap with crap.

[snapback]748386[/snapback]​
still see u bitchen about that doo....tell ya what, get of this site with ur POS poo, and dont look back....got it??? i will sick chuck norris on ur "edit for bad language".

Andrew, u dont get a smiley a$$ hole,
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
230 Posts
revmeup said:
renegade8 said:
this has been talked about here so many times that I will keep this short... keep track of your milage after you fill up, your sled should safely go 125mls per tank. you will figure out how far you can go just keep track of what kind of milage you are getting. over the past 4 seasons I have rode over 11,000 miles on two different revs and have never run out. Wow that wasn't so short after all Sorry

but yes your right it should work

[snapback]747925[/snapback]​
I would say more like 90-100 safelyas a starting point.
[snapback]747929[/snapback]​
buddy ran out of gas today...has an 04 600 carb. sled wasn't being driven too hard and all the mileage was on packed down trails....ran out at 151km or 90 miles..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Cliff Clavin said:
revmeup said:
renegade8 said:
this has been talked about here so many times that I will keep this short... keep track of your milage after you fill up, your sled should safely go 125mls per tank. you will figure out how far you can go just keep track of what kind of milage you are getting. over the past 4 seasons I have rode over 11,000 miles on two different revs and have never run out. Wow that wasn't so short after all Sorry

but yes your right it should work

[snapback]747925[/snapback]​
I would say more like 90-100 safelyas a starting point.
[snapback]747929[/snapback]​
buddy ran out of gas today...has an 04 600 carb. sled wasn't being driven too hard and all the mileage was on packed down trails....ran out at 151km or 90

miles..

when its warm ... 40 f or more the 2004 600 that i rode would be lucky to get 80 miles on a tank. ran out 3 times on a trip from shawinagan to roberval quebec......gas stops were about 95 miles....2 days later on return , same trails but much colder ..10 f... had no problem getting 100 miles per tank.
[snapback]748408[/snapback]​
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
BRP does not care about the fuel gauge working, just like they do not care about the crap carb boots. The worst part of it is that my friends 2006 has the same junk gas gauge and carb boots as my 2003, wonder if the 2007 models will be the same, I am sure they will! Just improve the grahpics and colors and people will keep buying them, if these were cars there would be lawsuits and recalls!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran out on of gas on my first time out with my 600ho MXZ, now I clock the mileage. Also thought I would get more then 85-90 miles out of a tank of gas...but thats a whole nother story
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Seems to me rev baron had a part # for the clear summit tanks, I thought they cost around 90.00...... never any guessing with that and cheaper than an electric gauge kit!!
 

·
Skidoo'in Fool
Joined
·
4,099 Posts
well at least yours went to half a tank. Mine has been on empty since O bought the sled jumps bumps riding over 500 miles nothing. But I got 112 miles and put in 8.7 gallons of gas without running out. I fixed it today took the sled all apart since it was like 55 degrees F today I figured why not. after pulling it out and rebending the curved rod that turns the ball on top( like a 35 -45 min try and retest method seems to be pretty free and workin good raised and lowered it in the tank 10-15 times and is good even moved the plastic clip up a bit so it will come of full sooner and reads pretty good can't wait til actually see if it works next year if I can't find a clear tank to fit a 05 gsx they don't have one listed in the acc catalog. you'd figure with messed up mech guages and from what I hear the elect. aren't much better that they'd(BRP) just start putting the clear tanks on all the sled and save the cost of defective guages of both the elect and mech versions. Hint Hint Bump bump!
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top