Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used rev arc without the pre-ramp. I go to load my sled and as soon as the skiis hit the ramp, the ramp pushes up over the tailgate. I backup and resecure the ramp and try again, but same problem. Do you need the pre ramp to make it work?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Did you strap the ramp down to your hitch on your truck? Make sure it's strapped the evenly strapped, put the strap threw the ramp 2 rungs down from the top on both sides. I see guys running the strap crooked and seen the ramps twist and slide up.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you strap the ramp down to your hitch on your truck? Make sure it's strapped the evenly strapped, put the strap threw the ramp 2 rungs down from the top on both sides. I see guys running the strap crooked and seen the ramps twist and slide up.
I'll recheck in the morning.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The strap is in the right spot and straight as an arrow. Has anyone used this ramp without the small little pre-ramp?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried folding the pre-ramp under the ramp out of the way once when I had to load in a very tight space. it did not work, I had the same problem as you with the ramp jumping on the tailgate. I am surprised you can buy it without the pre-ramp section tbh.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sounds like your skis are not compatible with the guides on the Revarc.

I have used mine without the pre-ramp many times without problems.

Question, what skis, carbides??

Revarc makes different blue pieces for different model skis. If you have very deep keel skis with the wrong slides on the ramp, they will catch and put lots of pressure on the ramp.

The sled should just about go up and come down with little effort.

Check the website and your ski guides, You might need to change them to the proper ones for your skis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts