Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SOMEBODY SAVE ME SAVE MY SEASON I'M PULLING MY HAIR OUT. LET ME TELL YOU EVERYTHING WHERE THIS HAS TAKEN ME I'LL JUST START YOU WAY BACK ROUGHLY FOUR SEASON AGO OFF SEASON I PULL THE OIL PUMP AND STARTED TO PRE-MIX. THE SLED RAN LIKE A RAPED APE JUST FLAWLESS FOR INTO MY THIRD SEASON I WAS MAKING A HARD LONG CLIMB BAM OVERHEAT TOW STRAP BACK TO TRAILER. i'LL JUMP FORWARD TO POINT WHERE I FOUND OUT THAT WHEN PULLING PUMP ONE MUST HAVE A WAY TO CONT. GETTING TWO STROKE OIL TO THE SHAFT RUNNING WATER PUMP-AND PREVIOUSLY THE OIL PUMP

. AFTER WAY TO MUCH BRAIN DAMAGE I AM WHERE IV REPLACED WATER PUMP AND TAKEN CARE OF OIL PROBLEM GETTING OIL NOW.ALSO IT SEEMED LIKE A IDEAL TIME TO DO THE TOP END ON IT, SO I DID FRESH RINGS GASKETS THE WORKS .

GOT OUT ON THE TRAIL OVERHEAT.

BOTTLE WAS NOT EXCEPTING THE CAP VARY WELL AND SEEMED LIKE THAT IS WHERE IT WAS STEMMING FROM. I FOUND A SMALL RING THAT BROUGHT THE OPENING OF THE BOTTLE BACK TO A TRUE CIRCLE, CHECKED THERMOSTAT, CHECKED GOOD.

BACK ON TRAIL OVERHEAT: THIS TIME I HAD A HOLE ON MY IN MY BOTTLE ON THE SEAM UNDERSIDE SO I REPLACED.

BACK ON TRAIL OVERHEAT REPLACED HEAD RINGS (O-RINGS) AND OVER HEAT. i THINK I LEFT A COUPLE OUT BUT YOU SHOULD GET THE JUST OF IT IN A NUT SHELL I HAVE SPENT MY LAST TWO SEASONS TRYING TO FIX THIS ANY IDEAS I WOULD GLADLY TAKE ANY

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
Sounds intense! Blowing o-rings from overheat is common, and overheating blows. What else is there to say?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Sounds like a faulty water pump or thermostat. No other reason for it to be overheating unless there is a blockage in the cooling system from all the times you have had it apart?

·
Registered
742 Posts
You mention you eliminated oil pump and didn't keep oil in cavity that drove water pump or it went low? If it went low it probably took out gear that drives water pump on either crank or water pump shaft or both. Did you split case and inspect crank gear?

Reactions: Gin la pine
1 - 4 of 4 Posts