Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidentally took the arm off the oil pump when I was trying to get the engine out and turnd the shaft it sits on would that change the oil pumps setting if so how do I fix it thanks for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
The pump shaft has a flat spot which mates to the mounting hole in the arm. The arm can only go on one way.

The flat spot on the shaft acts as a key

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pump shaft has a flat spot which mates to the mounting hole in the arm. The arm can only go on one way. The flat spot on the shaft acts as a key
ok thanks but the biggest thing i was worried about tho was i turned the shaft the arm sits on about 5 and a half revolutions by a mestake trying to get it back together would that throw it out of adjustment at all??

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
ok thanks but the biggest thing i was worried about tho was i turned the shaft the arm sits on about 5 and a half revolutions by a mestake trying to get it back together would that throw it out of adjustment at all??
no.

the cam on that shaft is still in the same relationship with the flat spot for the arm.

just make sure get the spring is wound correctly so the arm has a little bit pressure on the pin..with arm in the down position.

·
Premium Member
27,911 Posts
Is the engine an 800HO or a Power Tek? I'm asking because the oil pump in your picture is from a Power Tek.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote name="Daag44" post="15129249" timestamp="1453532038"]Is the engine an 800HO or a Power Tek? I'm asking because the oil pump in your picture is from a Power Tek.[/quote

800 ho it's a 2005 rev

·
Premium Member
27,911 Posts
800 ho it's a 2005 rev
You are 100% sure it has no Throttle Position Sensor on the carb rack and the ECM is the original with no swap in the last 11 seasons?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
most likely the pump body is worn inside and causing yours to run richer than it should.

dont forget to wind that spring like in the pic i posted
Ya I'm gonna try seem like it will be hard to. Seams like its spring back good the way it is thing the spring may be wore

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
Think I got it back to gether right. So just to clarify their is no adjustment in the pump it self it's all in the cable

Just double checking because oil pump is not something I want to take a chance on thanks for all the help!
In the first picture.. with the cable disconnected.. the arm doesn't roll back to the pin.. as it should.

That is why I said you may want to wind it more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts