Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I had to wash my BRP bib's after my last trip. I did look / search for info on here, but really only got that you should wash in cold and then rinse again. My question is, should I spray them with a water repellent spray?

Thanks for any info,

Fred

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
As do I. Never used anything on them afterwards.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I spray them once a year with repellant not with the canned spray I use the spray that is used on automobile interiors.

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
I spray them once a year with repellant not with the canned spray I use the spray that is used on automobile interiors.
Do you remember name of it

Are these for SKIDOO insulated bibs

·
Registered
303 Posts
I use the ReviveX DWR for my Klim bibs.

The procedure I use is as follows. Wash the bibs or jacket first, dry it as per manufacturers recommendations, spray on DWR, put in dryer on low heat for 20 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Sounds good

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright Folks. Thanks for the feedback. I had a really nice white and light blue SkiDoo jacket. Thick, but light and very warm I bought 3 years ago at the Snow Show. I washed it once at the end of the season. Next time I wore it during the next season, it seemed like the wind was cutting right thru it! Not sure what I did wrong, but sure seems to have changed. Or maybe I just got a year older..... Come to think of it,..... I did turn 50 that year..... :rolleyes_old:

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Were you able to zip the jacket up after your off season beer consumption ???

·
Banned
59,630 Posts
Ok just checking

:laugh_old:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I use the ReviveX DWR for my Klim bibs.

The procedure I use is as follows. Wash the bibs or jacket first, dry it as per manufacturers recommendations, spray on DWR, put in dryer on low heat for 20 minutes.
I've used ReviveX many times. I also like Nikwax (Tech Wash to safely clean/TX Direct to restore water repellency). Standard detergent soaps can take the waterproofing out and you may be experiencing that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts