Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the snow now gone on the side of the roads but still snow on the trails, I'm considering a wheel kit for our sleds.. I see two are available, Retrax out of ME or Rouski out of Quebec.. Which is a better system? pros and cons?.. Thanks. Kinda worried the wheels will catch on brush when boondocking?

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
Order one of each and let us know......

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I ordered the Retrax for my TS skis and sent them back as they fell apart after about 200 miles on the sled and had them down once. I talked to a guy last week that add the Rouski and they looked much better in quality. Less moving parts to mess up. He said he has been running that brand for years and had no trouble.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've had the same rouski on 3 different sleds and a couple of friends have them. Out of the 9 or so pairs the only failure I have seen is one wheel broke a retract spring $20 repair.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Tic, I hope you realize that I wasn't telling you to get a life in that post several days ago, I was telling the op that as a joke, and when it posted it was right after your post. You seemed to think it was me and lashed out. Sorry. You know I always champion you as the coolest Dootalk guy, and Mrs.Tic as likely being very cool having a standout hairdo with the beehive. That being said, this Cat I got this year came with Quailpiece Roller skis on it. They work pretty nice, and don't seem to add to much weight. Pretty durable piece as well. They do look kind of dorky ( well, a lot actually), so they might not fit your image, but being stuck on the pavement with a spinning track looks pretty silly,too.If you want I'll post a pic or 2. After seeing a set of the other Canadian ones I would buy these if I was buying, I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts