Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im selling my sled, its not reliable and i cant afford a good one and i got my future ahead of me and i have to consentrate on that, i will probabaly be back in few years?? who knows, good luck to al and stay safe

G

·
jwittock670 said:
im selling my sled, its not reliable and i cant afford a good one and i got my future ahead of me and i have to consentrate on that, i will probabaly be back in few years?? who knows, good luck to al and stay safe
[snapback]293162[/snapback]​
It wont be any cheaper when you try and get back in it again. All my bud's that left have not come back to it 'cause it's way way too expensive now

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Sledding is a whole thing, lots of comittment. Try wheelers, longer season, less $. Still a lot of fun.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a doo, nuttin but problems i will be able to afford it once im older and with a steady job! as for now im taking up motocross again!

·
Good at wrecking stuff.
5,634 Posts
Motocross is cheaper than snowmobiling????? Lets see now.... Gate fee, $10-15/person. Signup, $25-30. AMA, $39/yr. D-14, $12/yr. Fuel for bike, at least $20. Oil for that amount of fuel, at least $6. Food, $25-30+. Gas for truck, $40+. $100 tires, $100 bars, $150 or so into chain/sprockets. Clutches and top end rebuilds a couple times a year. $6500 into a competitive bike. ($12,000 or more if you race a quad and want to keep up in anything but the Novice class)

Keep track of what you spend on motocross and I think you'll change your opinion on what is cheaper!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive already raced, i dont spedn much money $ to get it, never bougth chain and sprockets, only done one rebuild $60, clutches are fine, already has handle bars gas isnt to much i dont travel that far to race so gas isnt a problem (snowmobiles are worse) i spend like $10 of gas for my bike for weekend races and i have left over, i bring my own food.. its more fun to camp the night its alot cheaper than spending 600$ on a top end rebuild like i had to do on my doo, plus gas, , so i spend aprox only 500 a year on motocross racing, plus the oils which isnt much more

1 - 7 of 7 Posts