Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I have just finished a rebuild on 800r. New pistons, good cylinders, used crank within spec. It fires first pull everytime, and is running great however it will not fire in reverse. It just dies when you press the rer button. Compression is even at 132psi each side, idle set at 1800 rpm but have tried +- 200-300.

The sled was running great before rebuilt but at almost 4000km it had scuffed one piston causing about 8psi lower comp on pto side.

I have double checked all wiring extensively and cant find any issues there.

Any ideas? I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting

·
Armchair Interweb Coach
102,568 Posts
Try giving it gas right before you hit the bottom and a little right when you hear the motor stop

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried holding higher rpm with the throttle and stuff while pressing button.

Do you know if TPS have to be at a certain position for RER to work?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Myself being in the repair business for quit a few years now. If it ran good before you took it apart, check over your work again, you missed something. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi there I remember reading a post like this before and the guy had put the pulse coils in the wrong order by the magneto. The two black plastic coils that attach to the plastic portion of the mag side of the engine seems to me there is one with a blue wire and yellow with white. There is a order they must be in easy to switch them by accident. Good luck man.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
It is not trigger coils being reversed. If that was the case it would not start in forward rotation but could be started by using the emergency pull cord to pull start in the reversed rotation. Some possibilities: Fastening came loose on reverse trigger coil allowing the wires to chafe or break off. Wires pinched or broken where they exit the case. Pins pulled loose or not fully engaging at the wire connection plug. First. Test the reverse trigger coil according to the shop manual. IF it tests good then no need to pull the flywheel. IF it tests bad with the meter then you will need to pull the flywheel to check it out.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Some times a small piece of metal sticks to the pickup coil... I've had that give me troubles in the past.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts